SASS Wire Forum

Anybody ever change their Alias

Skinny snake eyes pickins

As you can see mine is long skinny snake-eyes Pickins.

was thinking changing it with the SASS.  

just curious.  Used this years ago when I started this sport.  Starting up again and have been considering a change.

my first name is Larry so I have been thinking something like:

Lightning Larry

Lizardskin Larry

Leveraction Larry

etc….

thoughts on changing and maybe suggestions?   

skinny

Changing it is fairly simple. Do an alias search to see if your new one is available or not and then if it’s available call the SASS office and send them $15.00. Yul Lose previously Hoss Hungright (it’s available).

I changed mine.  It made perfect sense, based on where I lived, but it confused the hell out of match directors, name tag makers, and score keepers.  They tended to assume I spelled it wrong, and really meant something else, so they fixed it. :) It went on the available alias list and somebody took it, so I won't way what it was.  

Once upon a time I was known as the "Yoos ta be Kid".  Changed my alias for a few reasons, but I changed my alias to  the "Hashknife Cowboy".  

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/az-hashknife/

or ...

Hashknife Cowboy is a AQHA stallion owned by Babbitt Ranches in Northern  AZ....

You decide who I really am.  Changing your alias is no big deal either.

My first alias was Paako Hunter, meaning I hunted for paako which is the Hopi term for cottonwood roots, which I trade to Hopi carvers for katsina dolls. But, the club I was a member of had another person that went by Pocket Hunter and yet another that went by Quartz Hunter which made it really confusing. 

I changed mine to Cholla and was hoping my wife would pick a cactus name so we could be the "Prickly Pair". But, she chose Songslinger because she loves to write and sing country. Then she decided that she just doesn't enjoy SASS as much as I do, which is okay. 

The funny part is cholla cacti grow everywhere here in Arizona yet most Californian transplants don't know what they are called so they call me Cho-la. The correct way is Choy-ya. much like tortilla. Or you could just watch the movie, Branded and listen to what they call Alan Ladd.

My 1st Alias was Red lighting I can't spell should have been (lightning).

Couldn't live up to it  so I changed it to Pinnacle kid (name of my co.) then realized that one  Sucked. 

Then I was watching a movie can't remember which one but changed it to "Hells Comin"

I think this one's a keeper. 

Hells Comin 

Changed my alias once a couple years ago, I'm thinking that one day down the road I may change it again. When my family lived in Iowa years ago my father was known as "Tex" because he always wanted to move out West and be a cowboy, but the responsibilities of working to support a family of 5 children caused him to put his "cowboy dream ' on hold. He died over 30 years ago, never realizing his dream. I moved to Arizona 20 years ago and 3 years ago I joined SASS and decided in part to live my father's dream of being a cowboy and I started shooting CAS.

Back in Iowa when I was growing up and helping my father deliver milk house to house as they did back then in the 1950's I acquired the moniker of "Lil Tex".  So, one of these days I may change my alias again just to honor my father. 

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve changed mine twice! Settled on Rye Miles in 2008.

Actually 3 times, Tucson Kid, then Tucson Tony and now Rye Miles for the last 14 years!!!

Every time I see a video of my shooting or look at a score sheet I am reminded that I have the most appropriate alias. Now if I could just spell.

Imis  ( How about Skinny Pickens?)

I've noticed some shooters that just shorten their alias.  Similar to a nickname of your nickname, which makes sense.  Not sure how some of you get your full alias to fit on a badge at an annual match.  :) 

Totes  <-----  probably a candidate to shorten my alias.

Yup - had to. I was originally "Jackson", but after a couple year lapse in membership SASS gave away (rightfully so) my alias to another paying member. So I just came up with Gunner Gatlin because I liked the Gatling Gun. Simple as that.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I started shooting under the name Kid Collins in honor of where my home was - Collins, Nebraska near the Wyoming border.  We lived on the exact location of the original town.

In the early 1900's the town was moved about 1/2 mile and became Morrill, NE.

But when I registered, I was no kid so I went with "Morrill Marauder"

Being from Morrill and a Sunday school teacher, so sort of a pun.  I was a Marauder because we moved A LOT.  And I often challenged people concerning their views, so that sort of fig.

Then shortened it to just Marauder.

How about Lean Larry. 

Yes, my first alias was “Buckshot” but every body call me “Buttshot”. Them I switched to “Cuba Libre” which is a Rum and coke. Everyone thought I was Spanish! I settled for “Irish Pat” as I was born on Saint Patrick’s Day. This alias has served me well. Irish ☘️ Pat, sass 19486

My original alias was PA (as in Pennsylvania) Dutchman. However people just called me "Pa" like I was their dad. That wasn't going to work so changed to my current alias and that took care of that problem.

I'd just shorten it by leaving off the "skinny". Snake eyes Pickins sounds like a mean dude. 

14 hours ago, Cholla said:

My first alias was Paako Hunter, meaning I hunted for paako which is the Hopi term for cottonwood roots, which I trade to Hopi carvers for katsina dolls. But, the club I was a member of had another person that went by Pocket Hunter and yet another that went by Quartz Hunter which made it really confusing. 

I changed mine to Cholla and was hoping my wife would pick a cactus name so we could be the "Prickly Pair". But, she chose Songslinger because she loves to write and sing country. Then she decided that she just doesn't enjoy SASS as much as I do, which is okay. 

The funny part is cholla cacti grow everywhere here in Arizona yet most Californian transplants don't know what they are called so they call me Cho-la. The correct way is Choy-ya. much like tortilla. Or you could just watch the movie, Branded and listen to what they call Alan Ladd.

So now you're "Tortilla " huh? Corn or flour?

22 hours ago, Skinny snake eyes pickins said:

As you can see mine is long skinny snake-eyes Pickins.

was thinking changing it with the SASS.  

just curious.  Used this years ago when I started this sport.  Starting up again and have been considering a change.

my first name is Larry so I have been thinking something like:

Lightning Larry

Lizardskin Larry

Leveraction Larry

etc….

thoughts on changing and maybe suggestions?   

skinny

Luddite Larry

Luddite: someone who is opposed or resistant to new technologies or technological change.  

6 hours ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L said:

Yup - had to. I was originally "Jackson", but after a couple year lapse in membership SASS gave away (rightfully so) my alias to another paying member. So I just came up with Gunner Gatlin because I liked the Gatling Gun. Simple as that.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

We shot with a guy here named  Gatlin Jack. He also liked the Gatlin gun. He’s  not shooting anymore, health problems, 

When I started I was Deadwood Slim for about 6 years. When my wife got sick with cancer, I let my membership drop briefly. When I renewed, I was told someone else grabbed the name. Folks were having a hard time with the new name, Abilene, so I tried to get it back, but I was unable to do so. I’d still like to have it back, but enough years have gone by that few members are still around who knew the old name. We‘ve gotten a lot of new members since who’ve only known me as Abilene Slim, so it’s kind of pointless now. I still answer to the old name, however.  

I originally was Tequila Chase, since Charlie is my first name I thought folks would just call me Chase, but they didn’t.  When Tequila Shooter became available I changed to that, most call me Tequila, which I’ve grown to like.  I’m thinking of changing again to either “Next Shooter” or “The Next Shooter”, thought it would be funny for the TO and scorekeeper.  Figure it’d go like the SASS version of Abbot and Costello’s Who’s on First when it was my turn. 

SASS shooters have called me Cody James's aDd!!! or SASS Kicker's Dad for years but I never changed it.

Archived