SASS Wire Forum

You've heard of the Bar 3 CHICKENS?

Singin' Sue 71615

3 minutes ago, Arkansas Jim 107095 said:

Tbone has some smaller chicken targets that some folks just don’t seem to like. Plastic chicks add some ambiance to that stage. 

You all shoot at Hollywood Cougars? :lol:

38 minutes ago, Arkansas Jim 107095 said:

Tbone has some smaller chicken targets that some folks just don’t seem to like. Plastic chicks add some ambiance to that stage. 

Folks have hated Tbone's chickens for as long as I remember.

Folks stealing them...throwing them in the pond...anything to stop the madness.

Just made it worse.

Note: the chicken who will reside in my yard at the cabin was given to me by Tbone...I did NOT steal it!!:ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Note: the chicken who will reside in my yard at the cabin was given to me by Tbone...I did NOT steal it!!:ph34r:

CHICKEN RUSTLER!!!!!

The first Bar 3 chickens were cut out silhouettes of a chicken. The cutouts included all the tail feathers, neck head etc. So while the overall dimensions are pretty large there are a lot of little spaces where a bullet can pass through without hitting any steel. If you used your front sight and took the time to aim center mass they are easy to hit. However if you shoot like lots of folks and pull the trigger without making sure your sights are center mass you stood a fair chance of your bullet passing through one of the spaces between the feathers.

They have been a staple at Bar three since at least 2012. Shortly after I started shooting CAS someone slipped in one night and removed all of them from the stage. Rumor has it that they were drowned in the small pond not too far from the stage. Since then they have been resurrected and a few more have hatched.

I seem to remember one taking a road trip and showing up in photographs at various landmarks and matches all over the country a few years back.

8 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The first Bar 3 chickens were cut out silhouettes of a chicken. The cutouts included all the tail feathers, neck head etc. So while the overall dimensions are pretty large there are a lot of little spaces where a bullet can pass through without hitting any steel. If you used your front sight and took the time to aim center mass they are easy to hit. However if you shoot like lots of folks and pull the trigger without making sure your sights are center mass you stood a fair chance of your bullet passing through one of the spaces between the feathers.

They have been a staple at Bar three since at least 2012. Shortly after I started shooting CAS someone slipped in one night and removed all of them from the stage. Rumor has it that they were drowned in the small pond not too far from the stage. Since then they have been resurrected and a few more have hatched.

I seem to remember one taking a road trip and showing up in photographs at various landmarks and matches all over the country a few years back.

You just answered the question I was going to ask. 
This sounds like a fun club. 
Glad to see someone uses targets that aren’t the size of a 1/4 beef. 
Now I understand why people don’t like the chickens. Hilarious! :lol:

Them damn Bar 3 chickens costed me a clean match at my first Comin AtCha...never cared for those fowl. :lol:

Kajun

The chickens appear to sit still calmly minding their inanimate immobile business. If folks can’t hit them I am pretty sure it’s not the chicken’s fault. :rolleyes:

Pat rushes over and hides behind the piano knowing full well he’s safe. Someone painted chickens on the piano. :lol:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It is a club you need to visit!

Monthly are just great!

CAC is a match we just can't miss!!!

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You haven't see the life size herd of buffalo. Before you ask, people have missed them when they are only 10 yards from the firing line.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

It is a club you need to visit!

Monthly are just great!

CAC is a match we just can't miss!!!

CAC is a match that should be on everyone's must attend at least once list.

BTW when you are driving across country on your way to WV it is on the way.  There are several RV spaces on the range, just contact them when you are are going to be in the area.

Would love to say howdy in person.

If you want to attend CAC, which is held in the fall, sign up early as it almost always sells out. in the first 30 days or so.

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

CAC is a match that should be on everyone's must attend at least once list.

BTW when you arr driving across country on your way to WV it is on the way.  There are several RV spaces on the range, just contact them when you are are going to be in the area.

Would love to say howdy in person.

Yup. We have been blessed to pull in for a nights sleep on a few occasions.

Tbone and Ellie are very gracious hosts!

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 CAC is definitely a must-do event. I cannot wait to actually shoot at it this coming year. So many folks to annoy,....err... see again!

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The chickens appear to sit still calmly minding their inanimate immobile business. If folks can’t hit them I am pretty sure it’s not the chicken’s fault. :rolleyes:

Pat rushes over and hides behind the piano knowing full well he’s safe. Someone painted chickens on the piano. :lol:

Oh....you're still not safe!!!

5 hours ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Y’all what cant hit the chickens are just using the wrong pistols.  Get you a pair of Cap and ball and you’ll never miss a chicken. 
And it only took me 77 seconds for the stage!

If you notice Pat...they become animated quite quickly...and continue to do so for a while!!!

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

If you notice Pat...they become animated quite quickly...and continue to do so for a while!!!

It's a documented fact that those chickens get the yips when a pistol is aimed at them.  You've gotta hit them in mid-yip if you expect to shoot them clean! :D

Kajun

Archived