SASS Wire Forum

Could 1883 Yellowstone prequel bring new shooters?

John Barleycorn, SASS #76982

I’m thinking the 1883 Yellowstone prequel could bring in a whole lot of interest into SASS and Cowboy Action shooting. 
I’m going to be dropping SASS plugs anytime I see a post on social media about the new series. 

Maybe but I won’t be watching it! Paramount + is more money plus too many liberals , Sam Elliot, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, no thanks !!

And ALL Yellowstone related matches have to have Beth’s lines as starting lines! Tonight’s favorite was, “if a meteor were to hit earth tonight, the cockroaches and I would run this mother ——-“ :lol: of course, language would have to be cleaned up! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

I wonder if Tim McGraw will wear that stupid hat he always wears! :lol: It's gotta be the worst cowboy hat ever!!!

15 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I’m thinking the 1883 Yellowstone prequel could bring in a whole lot of interest into SASS and Cowboy Action shooting. 
I’m going to be dropping SASS plugs anytime I see a post on social media about the new series. 

You might use the words “Cowboy Action Shooting”

Ive been thinking about the name/term SASS quite a bit lately, I would like to see our sport/game use Cowboy Action Shooting more,  sounds way cooler and self explanatory. Unless you already had a idea what SASS is you would think it’s  a re-enactment thing of some sort.

AO

25 minutes ago, Arcadia Outlaw SASS#71385 said:

Ive been thinking about the name/term SASS quite a bit lately, I would like to see our sport/game use Cowboy Action Shooting more,  sounds way cooler and self explanatory. Unless you already had a idea what SASS is you would think it’s  a re-enactment thing of some sort.

AO

I think you’re right. 

50 minutes ago, Arcadia Outlaw SASS#71385 said:

AO

CASS................Cowboy Action Shooting Society?????

Saying SASS or CAS is going to be meaningless to most.   But actually saying Cowboy Action Shooting, or Single Action Shooting Society, is pretty self explanatory.

Remember, what is abbreviated CAS is a generic term, SASS is specific to our rules and interpretation of the game.

Paramount+ is not Paramount.
We had cut the cable quite a while ago and picked up a couple streaming channels.  With our T Mobile plan, we get Netflix for free.  We subscribed to the CBS channel which has since become Paramount+.  It does NOT carry Yellowstone.  The series is only carried on the Paramount network.  When each season is over, Peacock has the exclusice rights for streaming those shows.  We did finally subscribe to Peacock and watched the first three seasons.  Now we wait until season four is over to see those episodes.

SASS has an identity issue. Most folks use YouTube to check out a topic. Type in SASS in YouTube and you will find multiple videos on computer/website editing or something like that. It takes scrolling down to find CAS related SASS videos.

image.thumb.png.5e4748776c3afc91cacf9bd47e614446.png

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

SASS has an identity issue. Most folks use YouTube to check out a topic. Type in SASS in YouTube and you will find multiple videos on computer/website editing or something like that. It takes scrolling down to find CAS related SASS videos.

image.thumb.png.5e4748776c3afc91cacf9bd47e614446.png

Worse than I thought lol, but I don’t want to hi jack thread 

AO 

21 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Something similar goes through my mind whenever a new western film or series comes out. I'm not a Yellowstone fan, but I hope this prequel sparks some interest in the time period and brings some more people to CAS/SASS. 

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

This is unfortunately true. When I still had my CAS-themed account on Instagram, I made sure to tag posts with #singleactionshootingsociety and #cowboyactionshooting, since #SASS wasn't going to mean much to outsiders.

3 minutes ago, Possum Stu said:

Something similar goes through my mind whenever a new western film or series comes out. I'm not a Yellowstone fan, but I hope this prequel sparks some interest in the time period and brings some more people to CAS/SASS. 

This is unfortunately true. When I still had my CAS-themed account on Instagram, I made sure to tag posts with #singleactionshootingsociety and #cowboyactionshooting, since #SASS wasn't going to mean much to outsiders.

CASS comes up with a bunch too, so forget that one!!

On 11/28/2021 at 2:31 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

That last sentence IS how we will get /keep interest in SASS.

Talking, word of mouth followed by information to local clubs!

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

That last sentence IS how we will get /keep interest in SASS.

Talking, word of mouth followed by information to local clubs!

Agreed 100%. 

20 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Only if SASS HQ buys some advertising. Otherwise how would anyone watching know about SASS??? 

I’m guessing the ads for season on have already been bought. It would probably be too expensive anyhow. What I’m talking about is every time an 1883 sponsored ad pops up on Facebook I’m going to mention something about Cowboy Action shooting. 

3 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I’m guessing the ads for season on have already been bought. It would probably be too expensive anyhow. What I’m talking about is every time an 1883 sponsored ad pops up on Facebook I’m going to mention something about Cowboy Action shooting. 

This is exactly right. Every social media ad for 1883 is an opportunity to mention cowboy action shooting and invite people to come check it out. If we want more young people gravitating to our sport, social media is probably a better way to reach them than TV ads anyway.

I would love to see an OK Corral scene with a cast of top SASS shooters as the Earp's shot from the Clanton view as they draw and shoot. Then show the steel targets being hit from a bit above and behind the shooters with shoot and see paper on the targets. 

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Only took 23 posts to go way off topic and start making it political. So Sam Elliot is a good guy then, right?

Only took 4. Scroll up.

23 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

When did Sam Elliot join the dark side. I heard he backed Trump

He did a commercial for Biden during the election. I don’t think he would do that if he backed Trump! Why didn’t he do a commercial for Trump ?

Archived