SASS Wire Forum

College Football

Subdeacon Joe

Same goes for LSU!!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

They don’t deserve a CFP berth after that game. (Charlie’s gonna retreat to a hideaway and wait for the Bama faithful to chime in.)

Agree and THANKFULLY the Ohio State got beat and shouldn't be involved in the cfp either.

4 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Agree and THANKFULLY the Ohio State got beat and shouldn't be involved in the cfp either.

It’s good to see some parity coming back to college football. 

And let’s not forget this year’s Cinderella team, Cincinnati. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

No, let's do forget them :lol:

Not in the run for the CFP, NC State's two touchdowns in 26 seconds on Friday took them over UNCs strong show.  Devin Leary broke Phillip River's and Russell Wilson's one year TD passes records at NCSU.  Leary might be a name that we hear more of in the coming years.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I'm looking forward to the UGA vs. Bama game for the SEC championship next week.  We've got some unsettle business with the Tide.  Saban better wrap that quarterback in bubble wrap.

After the beating he took yesterday, he's gonna be too stove up to move so it won't matter.

12 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Way go OSU Cowpokes!

Any day OU loses is a good day.

When they join the SEC, I plan on abolishing my rule of cheering for SEC teams when they play outside the conference no matter what.

Its all in perspective.     These rivalry teams pour out their guts and sometimes, some guts get fed a dose of

humble pie that becomes hard to digest.

It is what it is.   Thats why they play the game.

Auburns play yesterday would probably beat 99.9% of the college teams.

Michigans play yesterday would have probably whooped 100% of the teams.    They were ready, no doubt about it.

As for Cincy, they got a good team.   They jell together as a group and seem to enjoy the game.  They've

earned a spot in the TOP group.    Time will tell how it pans out.

YES, I do think Bama will have a hard time against the Dawgs, and probably not make the final 4.

My pick:  Georgia, Cincy, Michigan, Oklahoma State.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I don't think Cincy belongs in the top four, and the first playoff round will show that.

Just like the 2 years ND was in the CFP

22 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I just read that OU's coach is going to USC... :o

Plus, Kliff Kingsbury the Cardinals coach and former head at Texas Tech is being considered to replace Riley.  When pigs fly I think.

I am enjoying my new local team the Razorbacks. They play hard and really good teams need their A games to beat them.

1 hour ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Plus, Kliff Kingsbury the Cardinals coach and former head at Texas Tech is being considered to replace Riley.  When pigs fly I think.

Brent Venables name is being thrown around too.

39 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

One of my mottos in life is " To hell with the Crimson Tide and Buckeyes."

Sad for ya’!!  So long as Florida and Tennessee lose, I can live with the rest.  Ohio State and Michigan are right behind those two.  

‘Course, Commodores Baseball is my bright spot in college sports!!

On 11/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

They don’t deserve a CFP berth after that game. (Charlie’s gonna retreat to a hideaway and wait for the Bama faithful to chime in.)

On 11/28/2021 at 9:28 AM, Tyrel Cody said:

53 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

One of my mottos in life is " To hell with the Crimson Tide and Buckeyes."

I hate to burst the bubbles of the haters, but this is classic win and you're in, or lose and go home. 

If the Tide beats the Dawgs, like they have for years now, they're in the playoffs, and so are the Dawgs. 

OTH, if the Tide loses they go to some minor bowl and the Dawgs win it all. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I hate to burst the bubbles of the haters, but this is classic win and you're in, or lose and go home. 

If the Tide beats the Dawgs, like they have for years now, they're in the playoffs, and so are the Dawgs. 

It is not the Tide per se, as it is as much Nick Saban-  I confess, and I do not hate him the man a bit, but he is THE greatest college football coach in the last 50 years, possibly ever. I believe he could be coaching at Trinity Valley Community College and found a way to beat a at least a South Carolina or San Diego State.

On 11/28/2021 at 6:34 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

But Mr. Kelly & ymyself would like to. 

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Bama vs Gawja is a tossup. 

Yes, if Bama wins they’re heading to the playoffs with Gawja. It’s how the ranking work. 

And I have a nickel that says they’ll meet again in the finals, unless somebody pulls an upset. 

I’d love a good showing by my Bearcats, but midnight is close. 

Not sure if I can bring myself to cheer for Michigan, except out of respect for what they did to Ohio State. 

22 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Not sure if I can bring myself to cheer for Michigan, except out of respect for what they did to Ohio State. 

Do what I was doing- cheering for the refs.

Go Zebras!B)

Can't root for Ohio State.   Just can't do it.  Harbaugh is reason enough not to cheer for the Wolverines.

As for Cincy, I want them to be in the playoffs.  Ideally, they would have UGA or Alabama, if they get in, 1st round mostly because I know what they are capable of.  

Cincy has been talking about belonging in the playoffs for too long, so let's see if they can walk the walk.  Either they belong or they need a reality check- and going nose to nose with an SEC team will work for either one.

Archived