SASS Wire Forum

And They Wonder Why.......

Calamity Kris

I went to the post office yesterday to mail a return.  The envelope was about the size of a CD and weighed 2.5 ounces.  The counter was busy so I used the self service kiosk.  The postage came out to be $1.59.  When I finished, I noticed the counter was empty so I went up front to drop it off, (The mail drop was taped off with an out of order sign).  The clerk behind the counter told me I used the wrong postage.  My item was considered a "parcel" not an envelope because  the envelope I used wasn't paper.  My "parcel" cost $4.50.  

And they wonder why the post office is losing business......

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I went to the post office yesterday to mail a return.  The envelope was about the size of a CD and weighed 2.5 ounces.  The counter was busy so I used the self service kiosk.  The postage came out to be $1.59.  When I finished, I noticed the counter was empty so I went up front to drop it off, (The mail drop was taped off with an out of order sign).  The clerk behind the counter told me I used the wrong postage.  My item was considered a "parcel" not an envelope because  the envelope I used wasn't paper.  My "parcel" cost $4.50.  

And they wonder why the post office is losing business......

I've had that happen to me already with a piano bass string that was coiled up about the size of a CD.

Archived