SASS Wire Forum

Old Roads

Subdeacon Joe

Joe, you just inspired me to head about a half hour north and spend some time traveling the longest existing section of Route 66.  Stars somewhere around Ash Fork and goes west to Kingman.  I'll have to find out exactly where, but it should be a good weekend (or longer) tour.

There was a fairly long section ran a few miles away out through Victorville when we lived in California.  That was a great trip, too.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Joe, you just inspired me to head about a half hour north and spend some time traveling the longest existing section of Route 66.  Stars somewhere around Ash Fork and goes west to Kingman.  I'll have to find out exactly where, but it should be a good weekend (or longer) tour.

There was a fairly long section ran a few miles away out through Victorville when we lived in California.  That was a great trip, too.

Thanks.

Seligman to Kingman. Rode on it a number of times on the Harley.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You saved me a day walking around Ash Fork looking for it.  Thanks.  :D

Rte 66 will start about 6.6 miles from the 89 on I40 West. I had not gone beyond Seligman before.

image.thumb.png.6b5c11c46d77c3ddebc65fb7c6167f68.png

19 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Rte 66 will start about 6.6 miles from the 89 on I40 West. I had not gone beyond Seligman before.

image.thumb.png.6b5c11c46d77c3ddebc65fb7c6167f68.png

Actually, it starts in Ashfork off 40, hits Seligman, on to Kingman through the reservation, then down 40 a couple of miles and it will take you to Oatman and ultimately the Colorado River.

In May, you can drive it during the Arizona Fun Run with hundreds of old cars.  It's a really nice drive.  It Oatman, you feed the donkeys from the gold mining days.

interesting they dont mention the Lincoln highway , it was one of those that were well known back when , i would like to drive them all as part of my bucket list , along with the Alcan highway 

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You saved me a day walking around Ash Fork looking for it.  Thanks.  :D

You could always go to the museum.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:01 PM, watab kid said:

interesting they dont mention the Lincoln highway , it was one of those that were well known back when , i would like to drive them all as part of my bucket list , along with the Alcan highway 

Have you ever heard this song by CW McCall?

JHC

Archived