SASS Wire Forum

military uniform question

Alpo

479825317_2021-11-25-GP10002.jpg.44cfa79366120c0dbac434f864280e74.jpg

This is a cartoon. I am fully aware it is not real. These women are in a branch of the military. It is a "non-existent in real life" branch made up for the cartoon.

Notice that two of the women are wearing neckties like a man while the other two are wearing that woman thing around the neck.

In the real military, do women get a choice as to what they put around their neck? Can they wear a man's necktie, or do they have to wear that little whatever the hell it is?

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Those are “men”?

Where did you get that from? I said, "These WOMEN are in a branch...", and, "Two of these WOMEN are wearing ...", but I never said they were men.

There is no telling in todays military the way they have been tearing it down over the years. When I was in the Marines, no they did not get a choice. And should be like that in todays military. But I fear it may not be.

Do they get to choose whether they wear pants or skirts? I thought of that question so I went back and looked at the whole cartoon.

2021-11-25-GP1000.jpg

You will have to blow it up, but notice in the second panel the two women wearing neckties are also wearing pants, while the two women wearing that girl thingy around their neck are wearing skirts.

In today's airforce, and by that I'm limiting my answer strictly to what I've personally seen with my own eyes in my CA Air National Guard wing, females are authorized to choose between pants and skirts but they only wear the tie tab not the necktie.

I just went and looked at the four major branch websites.

Judging from the pictures, Army women wear neckties. Navy women officers and chiefs wear that woman thingy. Air Force women wear that woman thingy. Marine women wear that woman thingy, which is called, at least in the Marine Corps, a neck tab.

Please show me, or tell me, where specifically it identifies those four women as men.

As for Sydney's orbs, this is a branch of the military made up exclusively of people with superpowers, and Sydney's orbs give her superpowers. Because they float around her all the time, she is The Mighty Halo!!! :D

And just to clarify what has already been determined...

Snip-it_1637861074223.jpg.8110cee8190f8bdc5d2188d30e63f029.jpg

Snip-it_1637861097865.thumb.jpg.1e11b53c08f3ad6af82b46b5c77d219f.jpg

Snip-it_1637861115655.jpg.9a894d54791c499b06b324debbb61464.jpg

Archived