SASS Wire Forum

You Hunt All Day

Subdeacon Joe

57 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

This is a good friends dad. Our nearest neighbor at the cabin. 

IMG_20211116_182932517.jpg

Is that Stroh’s beer he’s drinking?

3 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1637862313040.thumb.jpg.8d09c15e046ace71038f300c20d570c7.jpg

Wonder if that's legal. The guy on the left.

In Florida you have to wear 500 square inches of Orange. Now that vest would usually take care of that requirement, except he's got that great big backpack covering up the entire back of the vest. Wonder if a game warden would ticket him for that?

43 minutes ago, Alpo said:

In Florida you have to wear 500 square inches of Orange. Now that vest would usually take care of that requirement, except he's got that great big backpack covering up the entire back of the vest. Wonder if a game warden would ticket him for that?

....... might not be in Florida .......   -_-

52 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Indiana is hat or coat or vest. Michigan the same I believe. I wear a vest up there though. 

Yep, might not be Florida. Might not be a requirement about how much orange to wear. Might not even be a requirement to have to wear orange.

Which is why I said I WONDER IF, and not THAT AIN'T LEGAL.

1663139283_Thumbsinears.gif.7250904f55e3a22228c606721fdd5170.gif

54 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Parbly! I was at his camp last week. They kept the four year old moonshine soaked cherry tradition! May have had a quar....few.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Each state seems to have a different requirement. West Virginia is 400 square inches. California had no requirement. Oregon, under 17 has to wear orange, no requirement for adults. Pennsylvania has different requirements depending on what kind of hunting you’re doing, but minimum is 100 square inches on your hat. North Carolina doesn’t have a requirement for a number of square inches, they just say the orange must be visible 360 degrees. 

Our local game warden inherited a fawn someone rescued from its road killed Mama.

Pen raised, tame as a pet dog, Spot would wander down to the pump station and bum treats from the operator.

A buddy of Dad's came to scout for deer season, just as dear old Dad was bribing Spot with some molasses cured tobacker, Union Workman if memory serves, and his buddy went home shaking his head in amazement:  "Good God, fella, ain't no use huntin' down there, old man Keller has 'em so tame he hand feeds 'em!"

(Spot spent deer season in the game warden's pen. Last I heard, in his second year, he grew a fine rack, his automatic pilot took over and he's not been seen since!)

Do ya think this enough red?

(Me on the Montreal River after some snow, first week of October)

18990007.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Do ya think this enough red?

(Me on the Montreal River after some snow, first week of October)

18990007.jpg

It's that bad in Canada?:huh:

You've gotta wear a blaze orange jumpsuit, hat and gloves just to go fishin'?:P

Even in Alabama, we know that deer don't operate boats (although, I have heard of bass fishermen getting shot over cutting a man's trotline).

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The six pack down by his feet is Strohs. You can see the name on the carton. The can in his hand matches the picture of the cans on the end panel of the six pack. From this I deduce that he is indeed drinking Strohs. That bottle on his right side looks to be scotch.

22 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

It's that bad in Canada?:huh:

You've gotta wear a blaze orange jumpsuit, hat and gloves just to go fishin'?:P

Even in Alabama, we know that deer don't operate boats (although, I have heard of bass fishermen getting shot over cutting a man's trotline).

LOL! 

No. moose hunting, Northern October, with snow on the ground and skim ice on the shore early morning.

The all red suit is insulated.

The pictures show why!

The great woodstove has been our best friend for many years. We have two; one in the trailer and one in the tent.

Moose Hunting 015 (59).JPG

IMG_2096.JPG

001Moose Hunt Wintering Lake 2012 (45).JPG

2013 Moose Hunt Wintering Lake 027.JPG

Archived