SASS Wire Forum

New Springfield armory Hi-Power 9mm

Irish Pat

12 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

Has anyone seen the new Springfield Armory 9mm copy of my favorite Browning Hi-Power. I want one! Irish ☘️ Pat

You can't have one.  :(

Well... not 'til you get to West-by-God Virginia!  ^_^

Edit:  Oops ~ wrong Pat!  :lol:

I've got a SA-35 ordered from my neighbor the FFL. When he'll get it, who knows but at least I won't be paying black market prices for a $699 MSRP pistol. Until it arrives, I'll just keep shooting my 1980's FEG High Power.

24 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I've been watching the online vendors. One of them finally got one in stock today... and they wanted $1998.00 for it. No freakin' thanks! :angry:

Three times the MSRP? Wow...

My LGS won’t even take orders or start a waiting list yet. :(

23 hours ago, DocWard said:

Three times the MSRP? Wow...

The first one that went through GB sold for $2525.000! At least that's what the auction closed at. Maybe the high bidder sobered up.

Supposedly, EAA was going to start importing another Turkish copy of the Hi-Power, by Girsan, starting this November. MSRP of like $590. But none have shown up yet that I can tell.  It looks to be a more accurate (or slavish) copy of the original (for example, has the magazine safety, which SA eliminated in the SA-35), but with a worse finish. And Turkish quality (which can be either good or bad, depending on who you ask). 

In case you don't want to wait for a Springfield, it may be an option.

I admit I wished I had paid attention when Tisas (another Turkish maker) had their Stainless Steel version of the Hi-Power available a few years ago. But alas, they are no longer importing that particular gun to the US or Canada anymore.

55 minutes ago, Doc X said:

The first one that went through GB sold for $2525.000! At least that's what the auction closed at. Maybe the high bidder sobered up.

There's one born every minute.

Ain't yet seen the new High Power.   But, I own 2 Springfield 1911's.    

I have the 6" TRP in 10mm. and the RONIN 5"  in 10mm also.

Both pistols are outstanding.   The RONIN quickly became my favorite.

Springfield  makes some dandy pistols.

..........Widder

I gave my Belgium Browning Hi-Power, made in 1968, to my daughter-in-law, for a Christmas present last year. It was the only 9mm I owned. I liked it a lot, but not enough to wait until I croaked to will it to her. 

I have no 9mm now, and don't want any. 

But, from what I have read, the Springfield is a good one to buy, if you are in the market for a Hi-Power design. It may be a while, until sane prices return, and the inventory is back to some sort of normalcy. Meanwhile, the rookies will pay the high prices, and the greedy will accept higher than the M.S.R.P. prices, and frustration will prevail, to a greater, or lessor extent.  

Not all that surprising, really. 

I guess what puzzles a lot of us, is...if a company advertises a new product, why don't they have the inventory to back it up? I figure there are reasons/excuses, as to the why of it all. I am just not informed enough to understand, I guess.

Do they do it that way to gauge the potential interest, and then decide if, and when, to ramp up production, if great enough interest is shown?

There's dozens of them on Gunbroker and they are averaging $1100 per. I just bought a consecutive set.

$1100 for a $700 pistol you say , well Vaqueros are going for $1350 for the last cpl I saw.

Things may never return to "normal", this may be the new normal. $80 primers from Midway, Natchez and others

are the new normal.

Got to see one that came thru the lgs, some guy ordered one and did a transfer. Wow is it pretty. Looks very well made, even the wood stocks were nice. I want one. I will wait and pay 699.99 but I want one.

BTW just so folks know there have been a rash of people complaining about their new SA-35 developing extraction issues after about 1000 rounds or so. The early adopters might have to put up with some bugs until Springfield works them out. Problems with a new gun that copies an 80 year-old design... imagine that.

Archived