SASS Wire Forum

Let's talk about the ELEPHANT in the room.

To respond to the OP.

First I have always believed that if something is offensive (for whatever reason) unless you have a personal stake in the matter it is best ignored.

Second I have never understood why so many feel they are the ultimate authority on just about any subject and believe that all others must conform to their world view. More importantly they seem to believe that no one but them is qualified to actually comment one way or the other on a given subject.

Thirdly with the flood of information out there (including jokes, memes cartoons etc.) it is entirely possible (in fact likely) that an individual not completely immersed in the subject at hand may be totally unaware that something has been discussed by the "authorities" until "they" see no point in further discussion.

Conclusion: if there is something you see that is a repeat or multiple post and you are overwhelmed by the desire to chastise the new poster - be polite and move on. If you feel the urge to comment as to how the new poster is late to the party and should stay up on the thread by reading every last single post for the previous 4 years - be polite and move on. If you are such an "expert" that no one knows everything you do, remember that many others have experience and expertise as well that may be different from yours - be polite and move on.

Rant mode off

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

58 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

To respond to the OP.

First I have always believed that if something is offensive (for whatever reason) unless you have a personal stake in the matter it is best ignored.

If you're offended by something, that's on you. Nobody can offend you without your permission. 

58 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

. If you are such an "expert" that no one knows everything you do, remember that many others have experience and expertise as well that may be different from yours - be polite and move on.

Such "experts" should be welcome here. They should volunteer to be Moderators.

Rant mode off

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

We could get rid of the thread and start a new one! Maybe in 2022? Seems appropriate to start in the New Year!:P

I don't know if every body knows this, I just found out a while ago. When you click forum title and get the list of threads there is at the left of each thread title a dot or if you have posted it that thread a star. If you click that dot or star it will take you to your last read response. If you click on the last page you might miss a couple pages, if you click on the dot it will take you to where you left off. 

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You control it? News to me!

No, I don’t but some people get their panties in a wad when I try to keep things going in line with the original intent of the thread. They get angry or put off for some reason. 

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No, I don’t but some people get their panties in a wad when I try to keep things going in line with the original intent of the thread. They get angry or put off for some reason. 

Sooo, ... that's not on purpose?:blink:

Imagine that!:lol:

3 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Of course it is. I’m a jerk. Just ask those that don’t like me. :P

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Of course it is. I’m a jerk. Just ask those that don’t like me. :P

........................................................... imagine that ......   :rolleyes:

On 11/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahahahaha!!!

I think we have one SHELDON in our midst...that with an idetic memory does keep track!!:D

Singin' Sue,

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 will attest to that!

Some time ago he questioned the posted reputation points he had when the Forums were updated.

Was glad to take the time to help him out. 

5981e126480c9_PATRIOTLIKESHISTORY.thumb.JPG.fe1a4a0fabe5b605dbd4c6c60bf7ea69.JPG

5981e149939fa_PATRIOTLIKESHISTORY-DailyTallies.thumb.JPG.fdc5271cb703c300165ced6f9a2865f8.JPG

Archived