SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Forum - no love?

Howdy Friends,

As a newer member of the SASS family, I find myself on the various SASS forums regularly (some may say, too much?).  I have noticed that most of the posts in the Team SASS forum receive very few (like, less than 25 often times) “views” from the membership. I wonder why that is?

Obviously, our love and respect for guns and the shooting sports is beyond question. And I certainly don’t doubt anyone’s commitment to 2A issues, but it just seems odd to me that more people are not reading these posts. 

Is it because everyone is seeing these topics on other news feeds and don’t “need” the Team SASS forum?  Or, is it because we’re all looking for a momentary escape from all the political pablum that invades us far too often?  Other reasons?

This is a genuine question from a guy who values the advice and input of my SASS friends tremendously.  I appreciate your thoughts and wisdom. 

JJ

JJ, this is a good question and topic, one I've oft pondered myownself.

Extremely important matters discussed there - or rather, brought to light.  Too little actual discussion, I'd agree.  

There are a few of us "hardcore" denizens of the Wire that visit the Team SASS page regularly, and we do take note of what's brought up and I'm sure share it outside SASS circles.

If you think about it, much of the stuff is probably too "dry" for the average soul to digest; no problem for the lawyers in our group.  However, it's often lengthy, complex, duplicated, and not likely to catch and keep the attention of most people I know.  It would be terrific if someone could write, post, and identify synopses of the major issues. 

Until then, I'll keep muddling through and be thankful for the hard work and contributions of Charlie T. Waite and occasionally others.  It IS appreciated.

4 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

Is it because everyone is seeing these topics on other news feeds and don’t “need” the Team SASS forum?  

I won't go so far as to say don't need, but yes I'm inundated with this everywhere. 

4 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

Or, is it because we’re all looking for a momentary escape from all the political pablum that invades us far too often?  

Yes, that's my reason.

I rarely look at any SASS forum but the Saloon. I follow 2A issues with the NRA and the Firearms Policy Coalition.

The Wire tends to be a massive rehash of everything, over and over and over. I won’t even open a “What’s The Call” subject. They annoy me to no end.

There’s really nothing in need in the Classifieds and, quite frankly, the Team SASS forum just gets lumped in with my Wire and Classifieds visits. A cursory look-see and then back to the Saloon. That is no reflection on Charlie or anyone else. 

AND @Tyrel Codypretty much summed it up for me just a moment ago…

I come here is escape the BS in this crazy world we all have to live in nowadays.

5 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

I have noticed that most of the posts in the Team SASS forum receive very few (like, less than 25 often times) “views” from the membership. I wonder why that is?

I one of those few.

I rarely comment on them any more as there is rarely conversation as a result of it.

But I am one of the few who goes deeper than the headline.

I don’t visit that forum very often because it’s a rehash of everything I read from gun rights forums and the NRA etc. I do occasionally visit it though maybe once or twice a week.  

I check it every day.  Sometimes I read an entire post. Sometimes I just peruse the headlines and recognize that I have already seen the article somewhere else.

I comment when I have something to add and sometimes even post a thread of my own.

Long ago, like 20 years, we used to have a SASS forum on here I believe was called the Political Fire. Needless to say it usually stayed in a constant state of knock down and drag outs. The admins finally pulled the plug on it.

JHC

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Long ago, like 20 years, we used to have a SASS forum on here I believe was called the Political Fire. Needless to say it usually stayed in a constant state of knock down and drag outs. The admins finally pulled the plug on it.

JHC

I remember that. I remember there were a couple of guys that lived for stirring up crap. I tired of that forum pretty quickly. 

I'm there several times per week and I read quite a few of the articles but I can only handle so much before my blood pressure starts to go through the roof. It's important, no doubt, and we need to stay aware of the enemy within our own country but I can only take so much sometimes. There's other things in life I like to do that don't don't rile me up so much. :D

I'll continue making donations to several pro 2nd amendment groups to continue the fight and call that a good start. 

Thanks all. These responses make sense. I know Charlie works hard to make the content there useful and I appreciate it. Like most of you, though, I get similar news from a variety of sources given my membership in numerous pro-2A groups. As I has we’re all engaged in the fight in some manner, that’s what matters at the end of the day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

JJ

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I remember that. I remember there were a couple of guys that lived for stirring up crap. I tired of that forum pretty quickly. 

There are a couple here that still do that. They will use half truths and outright falsehoods to make a point or stir up trouble.

kR

Archived