SASS Wire Forum

The Photography Thread

Buckshot Bear

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blacktail Rattlesnake in Limestone Canyon, less than a mile from where a gun battle took place in the late 1800s.

IMG_1769.JPG

The 7th Wonder of the World... The Grand Canyon (Arizona, of course.)

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

47 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Monongahela River, Point Marion, PA

I bet that's some great smallmouth fishing right there!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Tay Ninh province RVN

I have never been in a Huey but I always stop and watch when one goes by. They are the warthogs (A-10) of helicopters to me.

Cross exposed after the Glass Incident Fire, October, 2020.

It was made in the early 1980s buy a guy who wanted a tribute to his fallen comrades.  About 7 or 8 years ago the owner of the property decided that he didn't want the liability and so cut off access.  The fire burned off the grass and weeds and made it more visible.

http://www.rinconvalleyrealestatebroker.com/2018/08/rincon-valleys-cross-on-hill.html?m=1

20201016_204641.jpg

20201016_115524.jpg

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

I have never been in a Huey but I always stop and watch when one goes by. They are the warthogs (A-10) of helicopters to me.

Actually the Cobra was the Warthog of it’s day. The Huey was more. It could drop you off in a bad place and then pick you up, and bring your chow and mail, and take to to the life saving place. It was a taxi, an ambulance, a gun platform, a truck, and a killer.  ;) Always mixed emotions when hearing one.

A507F9CA-7119-4811-9AC4-B814E6256E88.jpeg

8D1AB0AC-9FF0-4597-9961-7CFA22A5BCA1.jpeg

There are still four, maybe five, Hueys near here that fly over once in awhile.  The sound of the Hueys is very distinct and quite comforting to me.  It always sounded like help / food / ammo / replacements / support / moving on to  better place.

Archived