SASS Wire Forum

Return of the Magnificent Seven

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

Return of the Magnificent Seven

The idea for the Magnificent Seven came from Texas Ghost, who wanted an organization that recognized Classic Cowboys (and later Cowgirls) who epitomized the costuming, shooting style, and giving back to CAS that we like to think characterizes the Classic Cowboy and Cowgirl categories. As he described it, like John Wayne said about gunfighters in "The Shootist", a Classic Cowboy or Cowgirl has to "be willin." It isn’t an easy category and rarely the fastest, but it attracts those who embrace the costuming and challenge that the category represents. Since 2010 we have been recognizing Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls who met these standards.

Like any organization, the Magnificent Seven could use an injection of new blood to carry on the tradition. Sorta like a sequel, a few characters are returning but there is significant new blood. I want to thank Needmore Gunz and Tom Payne for their service and help with the Magnificent Seven. I will join them in rising to Emeritus status. Serenity, Augustus Goodnight, and Hot Tamale remain as part of the group. We had an empty slot, so this opened up four places.

I am happy to introduce the newest members of the Magnificent Seven: Major Art Tillery, GW Ryder, Pony Soldier, and Dutch Coroner. Together with the remaining members, once more we have a full Magnificent Seven. I wish them the best of luck and continued success in promoting Classic Cowboy and Classic Cowgirl in SASS.

Congrats to the new members of the seven. Looks like a fine group of CLASSICS!!!

Jax T

Congrats, all! A great bunch of folks and like Jax T said, a fine bunch of Classics. :D

Dave, thank you for all the hard work you and the other members have done to promote SASS and especially the Classic Cowboy, Cowgirl.

It looks like your leaving the Magnificent Seven in very capable hands.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:31 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Funny...I thought it was Brother King that got the ball rolling on the "Magnificent Seven".

Phantom

Brother King was indeed one of the founding members along with Ghost.  There are several others who have served well on the M7 and moved on. 

You and the others have done a fine job with the Magnificent 7, you will missed.  I am honored to be part of the "Return of the Magnificent 7".  I hope I can do my part in carrying on this great tradition you an the other have carried forward through the past years.  I hope "we" as the current Magnificent 7 can make you all proud.

Take care Dragon Hill Dave see you down the Trail Sometime

3 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

You and the others have done a fine job with the Magnificent 7, you will missed.  I am honored to be part of the "Return of the Magnificent 7".  I hope I can do my part in carrying on this great tradition you an the other have carried forward through the past years.  I hope "we" as the current Magnificent 7 can make you all proud.

Take care Dragon Hill Dave see you down the Trail Sometime

Well said and I look forward to working with you and the rest of the Magnificent 7 to carry on this tradition. 

Dutch

• 2 months later...

I am honored to be named to the new Magnificent 7. I look forward to the opportunity to continue promoting this great category. 

Archived