SASS Wire Forum

Interesting read on ammo shortage.

Singin' Sue 71615

The demand for copper is about to increase if those unable to afford higher gas prices follow BRANDON's advice today.  He says buying an EV will save an average of $800-1000 annually.  He didn't mention that that the principal & interest cost for the higher cost of an EV more than wipes out any fuel savings.  "Let's go Brandon!

The emissions produced in making a Battery for an EV ( small Car ) produce more CO2 than driving a Chevy Cruze  for 8 years 12,000 miles per year . 

And the expected life of the Battery is less than 6 years ....

Way to Go Brandon!

Jabez Cowboy

The ammo manufacturers are blowing smoke to recreational gun owners … last week on the Internet there was a picture of 60 TONS of ammo an pallets being shipped to the Ukraine …. No a typo, 60 TONS

2 hours ago, John Boy said:

The ammo manufacturers are blowing smoke to recreational gun owners … last week on the Internet there was a picture of 60 TONS of ammo an pallets being shipped to the Ukraine …. No a typo, 60 TONS

So,

Two range trips? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, John Boy said:

Another Russia/Ukraine conflict coming up?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/22/politics/us-considering-weaponry-ukraine/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-invasion-of-ukraine-a-real-possibility-russia-watchers-warn-2021-11?r=US&IR=T

14 hours ago, John Boy said:

Correct. To the UKRAINE.

Not us here in the USA!

I side with this article...copper theft is on the rise, because there is a demand for it.

16 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

The emissions produced in making a Battery for an EV ( small Car ) produce more CO2 than driving a Chevy Cruze  for 8 years 12,000 miles per year . 

And the expected life of the Battery is less than 6 years ....

Way to Go Brandon!

Jabez Cowboy

I love the fact that you picked up on the “Brandon” reference considering you’re in the great white north.  I guess “Let’s go Brandon” has gone international. 

image.thumb.jpeg.81cdafd2b03edacf1df2d45595189433.jpeg

22 hours ago, John Boy said:

Ammo is heavy.

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I prefer the original version of “Let’s go Brandon”. It’s more to the point. 

Agreed, no need to sugarcoat it.  FJB.

6 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Yea... I'm not buying into the "we've added extra lines and are turning out ammo 24/7, more than we've ever made before" line.

Yep. 
This is the Hodgdon line.
But, they are dependent upon ADI in Australia for much of their product line, and ADI has production issues of its own.
No Trail Boss at all this year.

If this is the case, where is it going?
Not to the big box stores.
Not to internet vendors.
Not to local gun shops.

I see Accurate 5744 has somewhat become available... at an astronomical price.
$40 per pound, plus hazmat, plus shipping.

I watch several times daily for Shooter's World Buffalo Rifle (AA5744 when produced by Lovex).
None to be found anywhere.
I bought the last 1# jug from PowderValley at the same time I got their last 8# tub of N133.

Archived