SASS Wire Forum

Up and at em

Utah Bob #35998

I woke up early this morning and I could tell by the quality of light filtering through the blinds that something good was afoot. I leapt out of bed (well, as close as I can come to a leap) grabbed the phone off the nightstand and sprinted for the back door. (Some would call my sprint a stiff-legged gait but in my mind it was quite cat-like)
There  I was,  buck nekkid old man (one advantage of country living) in the 36°morning chill, gazing at a fine western sunrise. I had managed to jump into a pair of warm slippers before opening the door. 

Sunrises and sunsets are fleeting things. But I had no time to properly prepare. The real camera gear was still in the bag so I turned on the new phone and hoped for the best. I only had a few moments to get a couple of shots before the sky turned to an uninteresting grey semi overcast. 

I'm now warming up my chilled body parts and making coffee.

Good morning America.

006C4BEC-E060-48F1-A045-329723AB88AB.jpeg

CF7E176B-F993-4238-B91C-58E2112871D5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

gazing at a fine western sunrise

I did not know the sun rose in the West in Colorado.

I occasionally get up early enough to watch an Eastern sunrise, and sometimes am still awake long enough to watch a Western sunset. :P

Gorgeous!

I love the pics, thank you.

Equally grateful we didn't get a pic of you in your birthday suit and bunny slippers! :D

3 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I love the pics, thank you.

Equally grateful we didn't get a pic of you in your birthday suit and bunny slippers! :D

My slippers are very manly! 

39 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.9989f97894bfbc9cbe04ce322f41e878.png

Overdressed

I'm just amazed at the warm temperature.

36° in the mountains of Colorado? It was 40 here in the panhandle of Florida.

16 I would have expected. Maybe even 06. But 36? Isn't that normally a summer temperature up there?

28 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm just amazed at the warm temperature.

36° in the mountains of Colorado? It was 40 here in the panhandle of Florida.

16 I would have expected. Maybe even 06. But 36? Isn't that normally a summer temperature up there?

At 7,000 ft this is the foothills, not the mountains. And it’s dropped to 32 and snowing right now.

Denver thinks they’re hot stuff at 5,280. :P

Archived