SASS Wire Forum

How far are you willing to go?

Singin' Sue 71615

Not far. As the song said, “I’m much to young to be this damn old”

1 hour ago, twelve mile REB said:

We are at the Clays range. be looking you up.  When are you arriving.

We will get in really, really late on the 22nd...start set up the 23rd.

Usually back at the 'house' by 7.

Pat should have my number...if not, I will pm you.

Well, I drove from Boston to Reno for a shoot once.  But that was part of a vacation.

Two and a half hours'll get me just about anyplace in New England.   But of the two clubs I shoot at more or less regularly, one's about 30 minutes, and the other is just over an hour.  Used to go to a few others in that general amount of distance, but they switched from Saturday to Sunday, so I don't go to them anymore.

From Granum Alberta to Winter Range in AZ. 

Lot's of Miles 

750 miles to the SASS Canadian Nationals, one way ...

9 hours drive East to the SASS regionals .... One Way

Jabez Cowboy

10 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

From Granum Alberta to Winter Range in AZ. 

Lot's of Miles 

750 miles to the SASS Canadian Nationals, one way ...

9 hours drive East to the SASS regionals .... One Way

Jabez Cowboy

You rock buddy

23 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I once crossed the entirety of the Pacific Ocean for EoT'03  :D

...... and I came back  :(

You need to work on your timing. Had you come across in March of 2020 you would likely have been stuck here due to the whole closed borders fiasco. :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

You need to work on your timing. Had you come across in March of 2020 you would likely have been stuck here due to the whole closed borders fiasco. :rolleyes:

And we would have put you up!!!

Apparently, you will go 2 pages.

Do I hear 3???

I know more of you travel!!!

Usually 300 miles is my limit traveling alone. Camp every match I can make.    Some friends took me along for a trip to EOT and Red Dirt Ramage in OK   Great to have friends to help the old guys out    GW

On 11/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

I am fortunate that within a 2.5 hour drive I can shoot a match every Saturday and Sunday of the month if I wanted too. Within that drive there are at least 9 clubs. 

I am super duper duper duper jealous. :D Maybe I should move to Texas when I retire.  ;)

I drive a 2 door Jeep Wrangler that rides like a lumber truck so I'll drive at most 2.5 hours for a monthly match. When my transportation comfort and room improves I'd probably stretch that to a 5 hour trip IF the monthly is 6 or more stages or I'm doing a dual purpose trip.

I've made the trip to EoT 3 times and WR once from Kansas. I'd rather travel with someone on longer trips for company if possible. 

58 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I am super duper duper duper jealous. :D Maybe I should move to Texas when I retire.  ;)

I drive a 2 door Jeep Wrangler that rides like a lumber truck so I'll drive at most 2.5 hours for a monthly match. When my transportation comfort and room improves I'd probably stretch that to a 5 hour trip IF the monthly is 6 or more stages or I'm doing a dual purpose trip.

I've made the trip to EoT 3 times and WR once from Kansas. I'd rather travel with someone on longer trips for company if possible. 

East and south east of Dallas is the place to be. From Greenville south to Kaufman. 

19 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

And we would have put you up!!!

My Kiwi buddy and his son came to the States for a walk-about.
They were here 3 months in the Summer here.

At the time, we all owned speaker building franchises, so each of us hosted them for a few days.
They got room and board on us, and shown all the sight-seeing things that only the locals know about.

We took them to Lake Tahoe, then up to Arnold to see the Big Trees.. one of the highlights of their trip.
In the end, their only real expense was air fare and car rental.
They saw the entirety of America, and we all got some great Kiwi stories and life Down Under.

30 minutes ago, bgavin said:

My Kiwi buddy and his son came to the States for a walk-about.
They were here 3 months in the Summer here.

At the time, we all owned speaker building franchises, so each of us hosted them for a few days.
They got room and board on us, and shown all the sight-seeing things that only the locals know about.

We took them to Lake Tahoe, then up to Arnold to see the Big Trees.. one of the highlights of their trip.
In the end, their only real expense was air fare and car rental.
They saw the entirety of America, and we all got some great Kiwi stories and life Down Under.

Yes!!!

We housed a few over the years!

As well as our American travelers!!!

If more of us would offer an open room, an empty RV or, if space, to park an RV...we might see more folks willing to travel.

With that said...

On FB as Well as MeWe...and can also post here...

There is a Cowboy Hotel page.

Several folks have opened their homes to SASS Cowboys or offered spots to pull in on travels.

Every $$ saved by offering a night or two goes a long way!!!

So, just say where you are headed...and what route you plan....folks will pop in on how far they are from your route...then if you take one up on a stay, pm the details.

No charge for any!

Archived