SASS Wire Forum

Yellowstone

Rye Miles #13621

Yep a little weird.  Everyone of the show even the little kid has murdered someone.  Montana seems worse than Chicago.  The whole crew should go to jail and give the land back to the Indians.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, Trigger Mike said:

We are going thru the early episodes and I have decided it's junk and has zero likable characters.   

My wife and I tried to watch it after rave reviews from a family friend, and that was our assessment, more or less. Love the scenery, the premise is interesting, but we found the characters unlikable, and the sexual content over the top.

8 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yep a little weird.  Everyone of the show even the little kid has murdered someone.  Montana seems worse than Chicago.  The whole crew should go to jail and give the land back to the Indians.

They act like puritanical upright citizens (except the red head, she ain't puritanical) the epitome of the sunburned rancher and wear law badges, the adopted son has a high governmental position that he uses his power to abuse, but they murder every person or get someone to murder every person that gets in their way.  

20 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Ehhhhh.....I don't know about "murdered".   Murder is a legal term.   The kid killed someone, but I wouldn't say murdered him.

Everyone else though - yeah, murder.

We saw a few episodes at a friend's house before Thanksgiving dinner.
I was pleasantly surprised there were no homosexual groping or urinating scenes in those few episodes.

I have this series in my Netflix DVD queue now... it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
We don't watch movies for analysis.. just for something to watch during dinner.

21 hours ago, Possum Stu said:

My wife and I tried to watch it after rave reviews from a family friend, and that was our assessment, more or less. Love the scenery, the premise is interesting, but we found the characters unlikable, and the sexual content over the top.

Thanks for the heads up.

Between the sex, violence and consistant foul language (from what I hear) I won't be watching.

23 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Haven't seen a one killed that wasn't threatening the Ranch.

Well there was the female reporter that Jamie kilt.

Reading a Yellowstone fan page on Facebook I saw many hilarious posts complaining about the barrel racers, various ranching procedures, Beth in general, and the treatment of Jimmie and Lloyd (no cowboy would ever treat another cowboy like that) 

I said some of y’all think this is supposed to be a documentary. :lol:

I probably got banned after that. 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:14 PM, Hashknife Cowboy said:

Beth is a tornado in a trailer park!

See my signature line. When I wrote it, I never realized it would be a tribute to Beth Dutton.:wub:

On 11/23/2021 at 6:27 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Kelly Reilly in Britannia disciplining Rip's great, great, great, great x 20 grandfather.

Britannia-ed.thumb.jpg.b84e61a35c5f15232bf70bde3064f0e0.jpg

If she changed her grip a bit, grabbing lower on his left forearm and pulling back against her left hip she could get 2 for 1 on this slash. The brachial artery in the arm and his throat. That would have ended Rip's bloodline though.  

Archived