SASS Wire Forum

Yellowstone

Rye Miles #13621

Rye!  I think you’re outkicking your coverage!! :lol:

VIPER is the best description you could apply!!  A viper with a wolverine’s disposition!!

Yeah!!  I like her too!

I'm starting to get tired of it.  What's all this BS with never ending scenes of horses dragging their butts in the dirt in the last two episodes?  My dog does that when his bottom itches.  What is with these horses?  Do they hemmoroids?  And the tale of Jimmy the dullard is getting old.

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Great episode last night! I’m totally in love with Beth :wub:

Whatcha think??

I think Beth would be a helleva lot of fun...I'd keep one eye open when sleeping though. 

Overall, the episode was good but Larsen E is right, the horse show is always the same and getting old. Jimmy, well...I've known a lot of Jimmie's over the years. They never get smarter but they are always (sometimes painfully) entertaining to watch.

A friend of mine Utah Tex a local shooter has a regular gig as an extra on Yellow Stone.

4 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I'm starting to get tired of it.  What's all this BS with never ending scenes of horses dragging their butts in the dirt in the last two episodes?  My dog does that when his bottom itches.  What is with these horses?  Do they hemmoroids?  And the tale of Jimmy the dullard is getting old.

I’m getting tired of the Jimmy story as well, where the heck are they going with that dude’s story? Enough already !

4 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

My favourite show......but it does seem to be losing its way. Said the same thing to my wife last night I'm over the horses and the idiot Jimmy being used a filler.

5 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Those are reining horses. And it’s a hard very hard thing to train.

1 minute ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Wondering how long before Yellowstone related aliases start getting picked.

Or has that already started?

How about babies named Beth or Rip? :lol:

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And, great reiners go for 6 figures. I'd drag my butt in the dirt for that kinda $.

WAIT, my butt is always dragging....never mind.

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I totally get that and can admire the skill, but seeing it over and over again in a show that is a drama and only goes for 40min they are over using it as a filler. 

4 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

If you're into horses then watching that is good. But they could have shortened it to get us to the ranch changing direction for revenue, and Jimmy becoming a show rider.   I assume.

I like horses,  but they're doing basically the same two things every show now, a bunch of sliding stops and a bunch of circling.

It's like watching somebody do burn-outs for 5 minutes every episode.   I like fast cars and all, but burn outs get real old real quick.   Doesn't take but about 15 seconds and all I can think about is the damage you're doing to a nice car.

Id prefer they were out rounding up cattle or doing branding or the like.   I prefer to see the horses in that context.

Maybe I’ll rewatch the show and time exactly how much they showed the horses. I’m thinking it’s only a couple of minutes. Not that I care. 

I've always enjoyed their beautiful horses and tack, but previously the horses had a function and performed it well. Does a reining horse have a practical application? A cow pony doesn't slide on its rear like these do after a calf is roped. 

53 minutes ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

I've always enjoyed their beautiful horses and tack, but previously the horses had a function and performed it well. Does a reining horse have a practical application? A cow pony doesn't slide on its rear like these do after a calf is roped. 

It’s not sliding on it’s rear it’s stopping , which is exactly what a calf roping horse it supposed to do. If you’ve ever tried to get a 1200 pound horse stopped from a full gallop you would understand how difficult it is. Watch the tie-down roping NFR finals on tv next month and you’ll see what I mean. The rodeo horses aren’t going quite as fast but the principle is the sam. Stop dead real quick.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Maybe I’ll rewatch the show and time exactly how much they showed the horses. I’m thinking it’s only a couple of minutes. Not that I care. 

If it is two minutes that is still one minute and forty-five seconds too long.  I can watch the NFR on the nag channel. I appreciate the talent it takes to sing opera or dance ballet.  Does not mean I want to watch them.  Now if Beth is going to rein in Rip . . .

To each his own I reckon. :D
Two minutes only seems like a long time to my while I’m waiting for my computer to boot up. :)

UB,

Thanks for the answer, Sir. Guess I've lived in a bubble. I've been around a fair amount of roping and horse riding and stopping quickly and I've never seen a stop such as that. I don't think I've ever seen a horse I was riding stop like that. I was riding quarter horses and they go fairly fast. I've just never seen that and it looked weird to me. Appreciate the answer.

PF

6 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

UB,

Thanks for the answer, Sir. Guess I've lived in a bubble. I've been around a fair amount of roping and horse riding and stopping quickly and I've never seen a stop such as that. I don't think I've ever seen a horse I was riding stop like that. I was riding quarter horses and they go fairly fast. I've just never seen that and it looked weird to me. Appreciate the answer.

PF

It does look weird I’ll admit. I had a quarter horse that liked to slow down so gradually I considered carrying a grappling hook.:lol:

I have never seen horses dragging their butts on the ground but then again I'm not a rodeo guy. I've watched rodeos before and actually been to a few but never saw that!:o

9 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

I'm I missing something I have see any dogs on any of the ranches. 

Hells Comin 

It’s Montana. Bears are em. Well most of em.

Rip ate one but it was an accident.

Archived