SASS Wire Forum

Watched Django unchained last night

Buckshot Bear

"Watched Django unchained last night"

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ why?

37 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

"Watched Django unchained last night"

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ why?

Sunday night.....the one night a week I'm unleashed :) 

Made it about half way through and remembered I needed to change the air in my truck tires.

15 hours ago, ORNERY OAF said:

One of, if not the worst cowboy movie made, jmho

Have you seen (or attempted to watch) “The Harder They Fall”?

Ghetto crap!

23 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Actually.....it amazes me just how many Aussie actors there are in Hollywood Westerns with leading roles.

Like Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire. The quintessential American: a Wyoming sheriff.

The thing that amazes me is that he, and many other examples, completely lose the Oz accent. Even a hint or echo of it would wreck the effect, but it never happens (unless in the outtakes....) Very impressive.

6 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Like Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire. The quintessential American: a Wyoming sheriff.

The thing that amazes me is that he, and many other examples, completely lose the Oz accent. Even a hint or echo of it would wreck the effect, but it never happens (unless in the outtakes....) Very impressive.

I can't pick up even the slightest of slightest Aussie accent. I've often wondered if they do a lot of voice coaching. 

I looked up some scenes. Now I remember. Another typical Tarantino fantasy bloodfest with magic guns that hit everything they are generally pointed at and protagonists that apparently have magical life powers that repel lead. 

Yawn…

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I looked up some scenes. Now I remember. Another typical Tarantino fantasy bloodfest with magic guns that hit everything they are generally pointed at and protagonists that apparently have magical life powers that repel lead. 

Yawn…

Pat, what would be the absolutely perfect Western for you that got every detail 100% correct and error free?

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

magic guns that hit everything they are generally pointed at

Well, THAT sounds like a lot of the "traditional" Westerns from the 40's, 50's and 60's to me :D

Tarantino movies: Either you love them or do not care about them at all. If something got his own adjective with entry in the Oxford dictionary (tarantinoesque), it must be special somehow.

I'm guessing some of you didn't watch it until the end to see that Samuel Jackson was really the biggest villain in the movie. I found many parts of the movie comical, such as the part were Django dresses up like little boy blue and the slave girl questions why he would want to dress that way. Not my favorite movie but not the worst I have seen. You want a stinker, watch Cry Onion. I used to think it was the best movie until my wife bought an overseas copy for me. I must have been media deprived when I watched it the first time to think it was good.

17 minutes ago, Equanimous Phil said:

Well, THAT sounds like a lot of the "traditional" Westerns from the 40's, 50's and 60's to me :D

Tarantino movies: Either you love them or do not care about them at all. If something got his own adjective with entry in the Oxford dictionary (tarantinoesque), it must be special somehow.

I liked his first couple of movies and the they just became TarantinoCliche` 

I doubt my word will end up in any dictionary, but you never know. All words are "made up". :lol:

21 hours ago, Yohanaqua said:

Have you seen (or attempted to watch) “The Harder They Fall”?

Ghetto crap!

You have to look at this one as a comedy.   

I particularly liked the scene where they're escaping from the soldiers on the train.   They're drilling all the soldiers with their revolvers, and empty brass is falling all around their feet like they're shooting semi-autos.  

I found it entertaining. You must suspend disbelief. Not always easy. 

11 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I watched the TALL MEN Saturday Nite excellent movie.

I know Colt 73s 92 Winchesters. Get past that still a Good Watch.

Good example of how "ignorance is bliss".   Before I knew when guns were produced, it never bothered me that movies used Peacemakers in Civil War movies (and the like).

Until I got my own Henry Rifle for SASS shoots, it never bothered me when they were shooting a Henry with the follower all the way back (magazine empty).   Now I spot it every time!  That, or when they cycle a repeater only to have the close up show the hammer down.

Damn you SASS you ruined movies for me!

Django Unchained happened to be on one of the streaming channels like Netflix awhile back, so I gave it a try. Having seen Kill Bill, I had low expectations. Instead, I found it entertaining. The scene with the vigilantes complaining about their hoods is hilarious. 

25 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Django Unchained happened to be on one of the streaming channels like Netflix awhile back, so I gave it a try. Having seen Kill Bill, I had low expectations. Instead, I found it entertaining. The scene with the vigilantes complaining about their hoods is hilarious. 

Absolutely! :) 

Archived