SASS Wire Forum

Hurricane Deck 100366 Contact Details

Buckshot Bear

He hasn’t been on The Wire in years. He used to build some very nice loading blocks/strips.

58 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

His profile says he was last logged in the 27th of August.

I guess I should have said “ I haven’t seen him post in years”.

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I guess I should have said “ I haven’t seen him post in years”.

I haven't either. Usually before I tell someone to send an individual a PM I check their profile to see if they are still active on the wire. If they are I suggest sending a PM if not then I don't.

48 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I was wanting to get in touch with him about his loading blocks, terrible to find out that he's suffered a family tragedy. 

His loading blocks were pretty cool. I sent him some of my pretty exotic cutoff scraps and he built some loading blocks out of it. If I remember right he had the blocks built, finished and shipped within a week, great service.

56 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

His loading blocks were pretty cool. I sent him some of my pretty exotic cutoff scraps and he built some loading blocks out of it. If I remember right he had the blocks built, finished and shipped within a week, great service.

His blocks looked terrific when I found them on this old thread -

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/236634-custom-engraved-loading-blocks-finally/

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

His blocks looked terrific when I found them on this old thread -

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/236634-custom-engraved-loading-blocks-finally/

He’s a great pard to deal with. Answered emails and PMs in a hurry, never left you guessing as to when or where your order was.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

He work is first rate. 

Before you buy from a U.S. maker did you look into the cost of shipping down under? 

I buy a lot of things from the US, shipping costs is just a thing I gotta' live with unfortunately if I want something that I can only get there.

I used to get a lot of stuff from the UK and that's gotten REALLY expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Just now seeing this. Thank you all for the kind words.

Yes, I lost my Daughter in 2017 just two months after she graduated from college. It changed everything I thought was important. I then lost my three dogs one after the other to various ailments, then my marriage and finally, my house - all within a few short months. Needless to say I felt like a thoroughly seated railroad spike!

I can tell you that without the support my local SASS group, the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals, things would have been much harder. After a long Hiatus, I have decided to get back into the sport and make another go at it. I need to change my Alias to "lazarus raised" or something cause lots of folks thought I'd never make it back.

Sadly, I won't be making loading blocks any more, for my own reasons.  I may not be on the boards much these days, but as I get back into the sport, you'll see more and more of me. Maybe I can win my Oklahoma Duelst State Champ title back one day!

I wish you all the best, Thanks for not forgetting me!

HD

2 hours ago, Hurricane Deck 100366 said:

Just now seeing this. Thank you all for the kind words.

Yes, I lost my Daughter in 2017 just two months after she graduated from college. It changed everything I thought was important. I then lost my three dogs one after the other to various ailments, then my marriage and finally, my house - all within a few short months. Needless to say I felt like a thoroughly seated railroad spike!

I can tell you that without the support my local SASS group, the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals, things would have been much harder. After a long Hiatus, I have decided to get back into the sport and make another go at it. I need to change my Alias to "lazarus raised" or something cause lots of folks thought I'd never make it back.

Sadly, I won't be making loading blocks any more, for my own reasons.  I may not be on the boards much these days, but as I get back into the sport, you'll see more and more of me. Maybe I can win my Oklahoma Duelst State Champ title back one day!

I wish you all the best, Thanks for not forgetting me!

HD

Welcome back HD. Hope things are looking up.

Howdy Buckshot Bear,

I didn't want to pipe in if HD was still making loading blocks but since he isn't take a look at mine at www.missourimarshal.com  I have sent several to Austrailia.

18 hours ago, Hurricane Deck 100366 said:

They are! Just had to get through the tough parts. Thanks for the welcome back.

Sounds like your losses were of Biblical proportions.

Glad to see you are getting back into the game.

Waimea

17 hours ago, Waimea said:

Sounds like your losses were of Biblical proportions.

Glad to see you are getting back into the game.

Waimea

That Waimea. Yes, Biblical indeed.

Glad to be back. hope to see ya around!

From great hardships come great achievements.

Welcome back.

If you're gonna change your alias, might I suggest something to quietly slide back into the game?

How about "Trooper Cal Storm"? :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Archived