SASS Wire Forum

Rittenhouse Not Guilty

Utah Bob #35998

On all counts. Justice was served but Hell is coming. It will be a rough weekend.

I wonder if he will be sued for "wrongful death" and or "wrongful injury" by members of the victims' families, or the wounded individual?  Regardless, he is going to be something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.  As "Wyatt Earp" said in "Tombstone", "I killed a man, boy. I took his life, and you don't ever want to do that!" (Or words to that effect.)  Hope the kid can get off with his life.  

3 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I wonder if he will be sued for "wrongful death" and or "wrongful injury" by members of the victims' families, or the wounded individual?  Regardless, he is going to be something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.  As "Wyatt Earp" said in "Tombstone", "I killed a man, boy. I took his life, and you don't ever want to do that!" (Or words to that effect.)  Hope the kid can get off with his life.  

Of course, just as in the OJ case, there will be civil litigation forthcoming. 

Well, hopefully things will not turn into a riot, and the jurors will not be doxed.  The kid is already having counseling for PTSD,

he's been through a hell of a lot. 

I'm concerned about those piles of bricks that showed up, but hopefully the 500 National Guard troops will help.

Interesting days ahead!

SC

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Of course, just as in the OJ case, there will be civil litigation forthcoming. 

I hope so.

It was the right decision.

And while I have zero sympathy for the 3 attackers, it would have been smarter for Kyle to have stayed home that night.  Now he has a large legal bill to pay off, a target on his back and the possibility of civil suits.  He may also face the same long term consequences that George Zimmerman is  suffering; no one will hire him and he owes millions to his attorneys. 

12 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

“In all that time workin’ those cow towns, I was only ever mixed up in one shootin’, just one! But a man lost his life, and I took it. You don’t know how that feels and believe me, boy, you don’t ever want to know. Not ever!”

If Kyle can be sued, then he should be able to sue Joe and ALL the media outlets that openly disgraced him and

labeled him as 'White Supremeiest', etc.....

P.S. - I'm also happy with the verdict.

..........Widder

38 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I wonder if he will be sued for "wrongful death" and or "wrongful injury" by members of the victims' families, or the wounded individual? 

29 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Now he has a large legal bill to pay off, a target on his back and the possibility of civil suits

In some states such as Florida, a person who successfully claims self-defense is protected from civil liability by state law.

I also suspect that Rittenhouse's defense has been more than paid for by private donations.

29 minutes ago, Chantry said:

And while I have zero sympathy for the 3 attackers, it would have been smarter for Kyle to have stayed home that night. 

No doubt, on a personal level it would have been smarter for Rittenhouse to stay home. By golly, if the government wants to let a mob burn, loot, and destroy, all us common citizens darned well better let them.

Edit to add::

Rittenhouse might have gotten acquitted under Wisconsin law, but I wouldn't unsaddle any horses until I see what the current administration's DOJ does in its turn.

14 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

In some states such as Florida, a person who successfully claims self-defense is protected from civil liability by state law.

No doubt, on a personal level it would have been smarter for Rittenhouse to stay home. By golly, if the government wants to let a mob burn, loot, and destroy, all us common citizens darned well better let them.

Rittenhouse might have gotten acquitted under Wisconsin law, but I wouldn't unsaddle any horses until I see what the current administration's DOJ does in its turn.

Supposedly under Wisconsin law he can not be sued in civil court

If you want to risk life in jail and major legal bills under the same circumstances, more power to you.  I don't. Just because the jury made the right decision in this case doesn't mean another jury won't come back with a guilty plea.  We have reached a point where jurors have legitimate concerns about their identity being published in the MSM and having worry about angry people seeking them out.

Not much the DOJ can get him for, he did not cross the state line with the gun and since the three attackers were all white, a civil rights case would be very hard to prove.

55 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If Kyle can be sued, then he should be able to sue Joe and ALL the media outlets that openly disgraced him and

labeled him as 'White Supremeiest', etc.....

P.S. - I'm also happy with the verdict.

..........Widder

I believe I read something from his mother that they are considering that but are waiting for verdict

Excerpts from a statement just released by Anthony Huber's family:

"Make no mistake: our fight to hold those responsible for Anthony’s death accountable continues in full force. Neither Mr. Rittenhouse nor the Kenosha police who authorized his bloody rampage will escape justice. Anthony will have his day in court."

"Concerned citizens, confronted with a person shooting indiscriminately on the street, stepped in to stop the violence. Anthony was shot in the chest trying to disarm Mr. Rittenhouse and stop his shooting spree."

"We are so proud of Anthony, and we love him so much. He is a hero who sacrificed his own life to protect other innocent civilians. We ask that you remember Anthony and keep him in your prayers."

Remember this is the guy who tried to brain Rittenhouse with a skateboard.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

"Make no mistake: our fight to hold those responsible for Anthony’s death accountable continues in full force. Neither Mr. Rittenhouse nor the Kenosha police who authorized his bloody rampage will escape justice. Anthony will have his day in court."

"Concerned citizens, confronted with a person shooting indiscriminately on the street, stepped in to stop the violence. Anthony was shot in the chest trying to disarm Mr. Rittenhouse and stop his shooting spree."

"We are so proud of Anthony, and we love him so much. He is a hero who sacrificed his own life to protect other innocent civilians. We ask that you remember Anthony and keep him in your prayers."

Anthony's death is on...Anthony.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Rittenhouse doesn't have any money.  The "victim's" families will try to go after the local police who were ordered to stand down and let the mob rule.  The city has the money, not a 17 year old kid.  If they got a judgment against the kid, it would just be throwing attorney's fees down a hole because they would never collect.  They may also have a very difficult time collecting from the city, but we'll see.  The city may settle just to make them go away.

32 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The denial is strong in Huber's family:

Allegedly "Anthony Huber: Kenosha News reported that Huber has two domestic violence convictions for incidents involving his siblings. In the 2012 case, Huber was originally charged with strangulation and suffocation and false imprisonment — which are felonies — but he took a plea deal. According to The Washington Post, Huber was imprisoned in 2017 for violating the terms of his probation. He went back to prison in 2018 after kicking his sister and being charged with disorderly conduct." 

I will note that I am having trouble finding a source for this that I find fully credible and there is the possibility that the comments I quoted are not accurate

On edit:  "Prosecutors had hoped to highlight Huber's actions as heroic in questioning his great-aunt, Susan Hughes, who also testified that Huber had known Jacob Blake. But Schroeder ruled that such testimony would open the door for the defense to tell jurors about Huber spending time in prison for a family dispute in 2012 in which he threatened his brother with a knife and choked him."

Link: https://abc7chicago.com/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-joseph-rosenbaum-kenosha/11242392/   near the bottom of the story.

There should not be any trouble, but the weak kneed politicos in charge allow mayhem. Mayhem should be met with lethal force, period. 

The Constitution says “peaceful assembly”. Anyone that can’t do that should be treated with malice. 

My opinion. 

2 hours ago, Chantry said:

It was the right decision.

And while I have zero sympathy for the 3 attackers, it would have been smarter for Kyle to have stayed home that night.  Now he has a large legal bill to pay off, a target on his back and the possibility of civil suits.  He may also face the same long term consequences that George Zimmerman is  suffering; no one will hire him and he owes millions to his attorneys. 

https://nypost.com/2021/11/18/rep-matt-gaetz-open-to-offering-kyle-rittenhouse-internship/
I also hope he sees some settlements bigger than Nick Sandman’s 

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Rittenhouse doesn't have any money.  The "victim's" families will try to go after the local police who were ordered to stand down and let the mob rule.  The city has the money, not a 17 year old kid.  If they got a judgment against the kid, it would just be throwing attorney's fees down a hole because they would never collect.  They may also have a very difficult time collecting from the city, but we'll see.  The city may settle just to make them go away.

I think Rittenhouse got about $2M in donations for his defense.   Not sure how much is left or the legal status of that.

Even when announcing the not guilty verdict some news still describe what happened as Kyle came to Kenosha and opened fire on protesters. It's something that all 3 who! were shot plus the 4th "jump kick" guy who wasn't were criminals. All four! 100%

These rapists, pedos and violent criminals are now being held up as heroes who tried to stop Kyle from indiscriminately shooting peaceful protesters.  Completely ignoring the guy shot in the arm testimony. 

"Kyle should have stayed home"........  perhaps those traitors who stood and held their ground at  Concord bridge, should have stayed home ?  :rolleyes: Look at the mess they caused !!:rolleyes:   When is enough, enough?:(

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The one advantage they would have is if Littlefinger is representing the city 

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

On all counts. Justice was served but Hell is coming. It will be a rough weekend.

I Never seen it going any other way !

As far as Hell is Coming .   ( Bring it  ) See how it works out  .

Im Not no 17 year old boy .

I have lived my best days already .

I'm willing to STAND UP for what I believe in and I will NEVER Kneel down to Cowards !  

2 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

"Kyle should have stayed home"........  perhaps those traitors who stood and held their ground at  Concord bridge, should have stayed home ?  :rolleyes: Look at the mess they caused !!:rolleyes:   When is enough, enough?:(

Exactly

Image 1 - Conservative EVIL TO TRIUMPH GOOD MEN DO NOTHING  Political Shirt

Common career criminals don't fear going to jail or prison that much. Why? Because on the streets they are looked down on and are at the bottom. In jail, depending on their criminal history, they have a higher level of status amongst other criminals. Of course in jail pedophiles  are still at the bottom.

Now these career criminals have found a place outside of jail where they can achieve a higher level of status. If they go to places where liberals are going to protest or riot they can by inciting more violence achieve hero status. They fit right in with these people. Even the pedophile who is in danger in jail is supported and called a hero by liberals. What a great deal for these guys. 

While I would have told my son to stay home, Rittenhouse had every right to be there.  It's a free country without travel restrictions.  

A lot of those looters came from several different states and had less reason to be there than he did.  They were looking for trouble and some of them found it and thankfully will not be causing trouble anymore.   

Even his attacker confirmed he threatened Rittenhouse first and Rittenhouse responded.

I heard that the moron formerly known as jerry nadler is making noises about getting the verdict overturned! Their corruption knows no limits. The law is only to be followed if it benefits them.

Edit addition:  The faux outrage, lies and incitement from the usual sources is really pushing the limits of my vomit response.

14 hours ago, Chantry said:

If you want to risk life in jail and major legal bills under the same circumstances, more power to you.  I don't. Just because the jury made the right decision in this case doesn't mean another jury won't come back with a guilty plea.  We have reached a point where jurors have legitimate concerns about their identity being published in the MSM and having worry about angry people seeking them out.

Not much the DOJ can get him for, he did not cross the state line with the gun and since the three attackers were all white, a civil rights case would be very hard to prove.

- Of course the potential (likelihood?) of legal bills and the threat of imprisonment would always factor into anyone's decision on what to do. No one WANTS to take that risk, but there are plenty of people who would accept it to stand up for something.

And under which circumstances -- being chased by a mob? Or responding to a friend asking for help protecting business and property? I'm not going to sit at a keyboard and proclaim what I would or wouldn't do under some hypothetical, vague, 'Look what happened to him,' bit.

- He didn't come across state lines with the gun, but Rittenhouse did testify under oath that he had given his friend (Black) the money for the gun he was carrying and Black bought it for him because Rittenhouse wasn't able to. The plan was for the friend to retain possession of the gun until Rittenhouse turned 18. Not sure the current administration would pass up a chance to prosecute under those circumstances, even if it's not Rittenhouse they wind up going after. Especially considering it was an evil black assault rifle weapon of war. Nor do I underestimate the ability of the federal government to find a reason to prosecute, despite facts, laws, or justice.

Archived