SASS Wire Forum

Anyone bought a gun off of GunAuction.com or Golden Bear Services an ffl in CO

Renegade Roper

Anyone had any dealings with GunAuction.com?  

One BBB complaint but it appears to be more towards a seller on their site.  A couple of negative comments about the owner but then other comments say they have had positive dealings and some dispute what the negative commenter says regarding GunAuction.com's role in the sale should be. (I take negative comments with a grain of salt because people are more likely to post negative comments rather than positive ones, unless there's a trend of course.)

Golden Bear Services is an ffl in CO that sells on the site.  Seller and buyer reviews are positive.  They only accept personal checks or money orders.

Thanks

I don't know anything about them.  But figured they must have a website somewhere...  It took me a long time to track it down

http://aubruin.com/ 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bill-wyckoff-969bb218

19 minutes ago, Renegade Roper said:

Anyone had any dealings with GunAuction.com?  

One BBB complaint but it appears to be more towards a seller on their site.  A couple of negative comments about the owner but then other comments say they have had positive dealings and some dispute what the negative commenter says regarding GunAuction.com's role in the sale should be. (I take negative comments with a grain of salt because people are more likely to post negative comments rather than positive ones, unless there's a trend of course.)

Golden Bear Services is an ffl in CO that sells on the site.  Seller and buyer reviews are positive.  They only accept personal checks or money orders.

Thanks

I would be skeptical of a FFL or ammo supplier that does not accept a credit card or some other form of electronic payment.

There have been a number of posts here about ammo and reloading suppliers selling things significantly cheaper than the going rate for primers and research has shown that the address listed either does not exist or is linked to an abandoned building.

Have not done biz with them----but buy and sell all the time on the auction site

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

I would be skeptical of a FFL or ammo supplier that does not accept a credit card or some other form of electronic payment.

You know, dealing with CC's can be a real pain in the butt for small "shops"...and believe it or not, many are not Gun Friendly.

This kneejerk reaction to those small gun shops that don't take CC's is silly.

Phantom

I have bought guns from gunauctions. It started as Auctionarms a long time ago. I thought it was once affiliated with the NRA. I see nothing about the gun dealer's website that throws up red flags.

I haven't bought from them. Personally, if I buy from any source that I have no or little knowledge of, I only use a Credit Card. It provides me with some level of protection. If I know them or have friends that I trust that vouch for them, I have no problem sending the payment of their choice. But no, I won't normally do that with any business I don't know. IMO accepting a card is part of the cost of doing business. They can add that cost to the item sold... that's what many seem to do on Gun Broker. I just payed 3% extra because I wanted that little bit of extra comfort of being able to go to the card company if necessary. Bottom line is that it's a choice that the business makes. Nobody knows their business more than they do. If they are the only place that has what I want, then I either do it their way or do without. That is not unheard of, but it is rare. 

• 3 weeks later...

The lady at Golden Bear Services was awesome to work with, the gun was exactly as they said it was, their payment process was easy, they shipped it right out and it was packaged well so that it arrived undamaged.  I would definitely buy from them again.

Roper

Hi Roper, Glad it went smoothly, Now we need to know what you bought, with pictures.:D

BBB complaints can mean nothing. I once had a complaint from a person claiming to be a member who had never even set foot in my place. 

This is probably a guy operating from his home, financing his hobby or making some money in retirement. 
A google search show his address. 
A google map search show it to a residence.
I have dealt with quit a few small shops that don’t do credit cards. As Phantom stated dealing with CC can be a real pain in the butt.  

GOLDEN BEAR SERVICES, INC
10511 TANGLEWOOD ROAD, FRANKTOWN, CO 80116
(303) 688-5655

License Description
5-84-035-01-7A-01404 Title 1 dealer or gunsmith other than destructive devices. Can also deal in Title II NFA firearms with class 3 tax stamp.

Archived