SASS Wire Forum

USPS Must Be Having Issues Again.

Cholla

I ordered some leatherworking tools from Ohio. They shipped on November 1. I checked the tracking number and they just made it to Phoenix. That's 17 days in transit for something that is the size of a business envelope and weights a few ounces! At this rate they should get here by Thanksgiving.

I am waiting on a check to arrive from CA. Was mailed early last week.

49 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I ordered some leatherworking tools from Ohio. They shipped on November 1. I checked the tracking number and they just made it to Phoenix. That's 17 days in transit for something that is the size of a business envelope and weights a few ounces! At this rate they should get here by Thanksgiving.

...... which year ?  :huh:

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... which year ?  :huh:

Good question. If I remember right the Pony Express could deliver a letter from St Louis to San Francisco in six days! It seems like we are going backwards.

The funny thing is that Weaver Leather has sent me an email asking if I would review my purchase!

Same here! Sent a Postal Money Order to Milwaukee and received the carburetor I paid for in a total of five days!

Customer sent me a check from Holly Springs Mississippi and it took ten days to arrive. Then I shipped a package to him that was delivered the next day!

Seems like most things move quickly, but the ones that you NEED to get there fast take much longer than average!!

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Seems like most things move quickly, but the ones that you NEED to get there fast take much longer than average!!

The stronger the need, the slower the service.    (words we are forced to live by :(

TwoRiversJack is a friend and lodge brother, who drives for the USPS.
He has been working double shifts for far too long... says they are down over 35 drivers.
Wells Fargo notified me their Bill Pay function will be delayed (more) because USPS has increased the number of days required to deliver 1st Class mail.

I ordered a carburetor part on Wednesday afternoon from a vendor in Kent, Washington. It was in my mailbox by 2:00 today!

I am getting charged a late fee, by the credit card companies, for my payment being late. I mail them, I thought, in plenty of time. So, I am being punished, and charged, because the U.S.P.S. is slow. Of course, the credit card companies, won't change their due date, or even look at the date on the check, or money order, that I obtained. I blame the credit card companies, as much as the slow-as-molasses-in-the-Klondike postal service. 

And no, I do not pay my bills electronically. I got burned, one time, very badly, and it took a long time to correct.  If you want and prefer to do it that way, go for it...I shall pass. 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

They don't seem to have any trouble delivering all the Medicare Advantage junk mail or the monthly bills.

Not to mention the creepy junk mail from developers with a google satellite image of your house!

Wallaby,

Lot of real estate developers want to buy my house. They pester me all the time! Even got an invite to a party recently. And the junk mail never stops. Like I said some of them even have satellite images of my house! Not grand, just an average size farmhouse looking place. In a great neighborhood. 

5 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Wallaby,

Lot of real estate developers want to buy my house. They pester me all the time! Even got an invite to a party recently. And the junk mail never stops. Like I said some of them even have satellite images of my house! Not grand, just an average size farmhouse looking place. In a great neighborhood. 

I don't suppose you could take out a restraining order to stop them from trying to sell your house without your knowledge or permission ? :huh:

Ever since we put up my shop next to the house, these real estate speculators have constantly called or mailed offers to buy my house or to sell it for me!!  Took me YEARS to get it done.  No way I would sell it now, unless I had a bigger, better equipped shop with a house to move to.

Back to USPS issues.  I’ve received four small to medium sized packages and a check in the last couple of days. All of them were delivered ahead of schedule!!

NOW!! Sure as HELL, I’ll have something or some things get lost or delayed between now and Christmas!!  

Update: My package from Weaver Leather came Friday. It took 18 days. My wife ordered some Christmas items for me from the same place a week ago. They arrived Saturday!

Archived