SASS Wire Forum

SASS Merchant Corner

Waimea

So would somebody please explain to me the SASS Merchant Corner?

You become a SASS Merchant to do business with SASS members (and pay money to do so). The powers that be create a separate space on the Wire that practically nobody (including me) goes to.

They call it a corner. LOL. They might as well give them a dunce cap too.

SET THE MERCHANTS FREE!

Anyway, Barleycorn has a nice PAIR of Uberti Stallions for $865. Who says you gotta spend a million bucks to get started in SASS?

That's a pet peeve of mine. Technically, if you produce something, even as a hobby like some of us do, or dabble in goods like some I have seen, and it's not just personal items you are disposing of, you are supposed to buy an ad in the Chronical (I think the minimum ad is $300) which allows you to be in the merchant section. If you don't do that, you are not supposed to post something for sale. I can tell you buying a $300 ad would be more than any profit I make on all of the hobby items I may sell so why bother?

There are a few that dabble in firearms that by the rules should be paying for an ad and be sent to the merchant corner. I suspect forcing them to do that would stop their activity. I don't want that to happen because sometimes I see something I want.

I have been told to take my items to the Facebook CAS/SASS vendors group but when I do FB flags my rattlesnake stuff as being prohibited because it's made from an animal. News flash! So are holsters, knife sheaths, belts, bags, etc. And I have so many on that forum say they want me to make something and then ghost me when it's done!!!

There are those the give JB grief for buying and selling but he is one of the few that is buying and selling as per the rules!

Rant off...:angry:

Selling guns here on the Wire is silly. There are far better venues to sell firearms.

That said, I could never buy something here on the Wire and then mark it up and sell it on the Wire...but that's just me.

Phantom

None of the other firearms forums that I follow do this.  I think it is a disservice to the members. 

I think it was put in place because of one or two complaints that should have been ignored.

43 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Selling guns here on the Wire is silly. There are far better venues to sell firearms.

That said, I could never buy something here on the Wire and then mark it up and sell it on the Wire...but that's just me.

Phantom

I’ve bought & sold guns and other gear here on the SASS wire. Every transaction has gone smoothly. I have more confidence dealing with a SASS member with some reputation than I do with a total stranger on other sights. I have bought 1 gun thru gunbroker that worked out fine, but have also heard horror stories. I guess caveat emptor prevails. 

what do you think the best gun buying/selling venue is, especially for “cowboy” guns? 

like you Phantom, I would not buy something on the sasswire with the sole intention of flipping it on the wire to make a few bucks on a bargain gun. 

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’ve bought & sold guns and other gear here on the SASS wire. Every transaction has gone smoothly. I have more confidence dealing with a SASS member with some reputation than I do with a total stranger on other sights. I have bought 1 gun thru gunbroker that worked out fine, but have also heard horror stories. I guess caveat emptor prevails. 

what do you think the best gun buying/selling venue is, especially for “cowboy” guns? 

like you Phantom, I would not buy something on the sasswire with the sole intention of flipping it on the wire to make a few bucks on a bargain gun. 

Some guns bring top dollar on the Wire because they are basically CAS guns only. What I mean by this is some guns have a bunch of money put into them (SS, Engraving, etc), for things that are attractive to only CAS'ers. The average person will not want to pay extra for these "custom" guns. However, your non-Cowboy'ed up guns will sell better on a forum such as GB since it reaches a significantly larger audience. Also, the type of sale format here on the Wire is not conducive to getting the most for a gun...good for the buyer, not for the seller.

There are safeguards against fraud on many gun selling marketplaces. Buyers should always be cautious regardless of the venue.

I would think...in a perfect world...that SASS members in good standing would have as a membership benefit the ability to buy and sell here on the SASS Forum.

Phantom

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

That's a pet peeve of mine. Technically, if you produce something, even as a hobby like some of us do, or dabble in goods like some I have seen, and it's not just personal items you are disposing of, you are supposed to buy an ad in the Chronical (I think the minimum ad is $300) which allows you to be in the merchant section. If you don't do that, you are not supposed to post something for sale. I can tell you buying a $300 ad would be more than any profit I make on all of the hobby items I may sell so why bother?

There are a few that dabble in firearms that by the rules should be paying for an ad and be sent to the merchant corner. I suspect forcing them to do that would stop their activity. I don't want that to happen because sometimes I see something I want.

And, don't forget that the admins have stated that there is a loophole in the rules.

Say you have a side hustle making hatbands, and you want to sell some. You technically cannot cannot post it on the wire unless you are a vendor.

However, you can send me the advertisement and I can put it on the wire for you, as I am not the vendor selling them. I'm just posting an advertisement for goods or services that I heard about that I am sharing because I think others might be interested in the same thing. According to admins, that is perfectly acceptable.

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

And, don't forget that the admins have stated that there is a loophole in the rules.

Say you have a side hustle making hatbands, and you want to sell some. You technically cannot cannot post it on the wire unless you are a vendor.

However, you can send me the advertisement and I can put it on the wire for you, as I am not the vendor selling them. I'm just posting an advertisement for goods or services that I heard about that I am sharing because I think others might be interested in the same thing. According to admins, that is perfectly acceptable.

Interesting idea. So what I need to do is log in as my wife, Songslinger and say, "Hey, check out these things I found on FB! Buy some so we can afford to go to Red Lobster!"

9 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Interesting idea. So what I need to do is log in as my wife, Songslinger and say, "Hey, check out these things I found on FB! Buy some so we can afford to go to Red Lobster!"

Ya. Just wait a couple weeks until another sale email from APP is posted to the wire or someone finds a website with primers in stock. You'll see what I mean...

Archived