SASS Wire Forum

CZ Sharp-tail, how are they?

Red Rider Rudy

Howdy, thinking about buying one. Anyone on here using one?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks R.R.R.                       

I got one that was used and race ready and I am very happy with it.

I got one from Longhunter a year or so ago and since then I've been using it instead of my SKB.  It's still a little stiff on the open but I love the single mechanical trigger.

I also got one from Longhunter and couldn't be happier. He told me the springs would loosen up the more I used it. I dry fired it before using in a match and never had a problem.

Hey Rudy, I bought one to quail hunt this year and can't hit a damn thing with it.   I finally pattern it and it shoot dead on.  Not good for a rising target but great for cowboy.  Anyway, I love the gun but I might sell it, not sure yet, BTW it's a 20 ga.  

Got mine from Longhunter as well and have been very happy with it. I was on a waiting list for about 4 or 5 months and he was great to deal with.

I also just received mine from Longhunter.  Great Gun, very nice work done by Longhunter.  Haven't shot in a match yet, but when I took it to the range to try it out, worked great with the single trigger.  Tried it on 10 flyers, powdered all of them, fits me great.

8 minutes ago, tregokid sass#45143 said:

Can someone give me Longhunters Phone #, I have a sharp tail i want him to work on.

If it has already had some work done to it he will not do the race ready work on the gun, I all ready asked him.  But here is his number 806-342-0000

On 11/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, Red Rider Rudy said:

Howdy, thinking about buying one. Anyone on here using one?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks R.R.R.                       

What is it?

2 hours ago, Dead_Head said:

Ah, a very nice looking SxS!

The option for 28" barrels is nice, but old flatulent guy that I am, I hate screw in chokes.   I'd much rather have 30" F/F like on my Parker.  :)

But I am weird.   If I was in the market for a new SxS, this looks like a very viable option that would be worthy of my consideration.

39 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Ah, a very nice looking SxS!

The option for 28" barrels is nice, but old flatulent guy that I am, I hate screw in chokes.   I'd much rather have 30" F/F like on my Parker.  :)

But I am weird.   If I was in the market for a new SxS, this looks like a very viable option that would be worthy of my consideration.

Just put full / full in it, don’t look down the muzzle and be happy! Geesh!

I love mine, I'm told I did most of what Longhunter does to it myself and I'm very happy with it, but he certainly does it professionally and certainly better.  The current production second version of the hammer spring assembly is a bear to work on; the original version was much easier to "adjust."

• 4 weeks later...

They are beautiful guns. Have to say have had 2 and sold both. Much prefer my brownings.

I got my Shaptail through long hunter and love it! it is a pleasure to shoot. That said, I have had to find the ammo that it likes. For mine, as long hunter suggested, it's Win AA all the way. Remington Gun Club and STS are a close second.

Cz is to stiff, never opened like my browning. Like the heavier browning, absorbs recoil and well just like it alot.

Archived