SASS Wire Forum

Differentiating between cylinders and frames

Buckshot Bear

On my NMV’s the last three of the frame SN is engraved on the face of cylinder. My OMV’s get cleaned one at a time as they don’t have that. 

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Under the carbon ring and dirt on the front of the cylinder the factory very LIGHTLY scratches the last three digits of the serial number.  They are often very hard to see.  What I do is take a number punch set and make them more visible.

I'll have to take them apart and look under a magnifying glass, the backs of the cylinders (where the shells go) both have a very distinctive 'S' punched in the metal.

I'll have to try and look under the carbon at the front. 

5 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

On my NMV’s the last three of the frame SN is engraved on the face of cylinder. My OMV’s get cleaned one at a time as they don’t have that. 

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Also, the cylinder end needs to be brushed very clean in order to be able to read the etched numbers.  

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I'll have to take them apart and look under a magnifying glass, the backs of the cylinders (where the shells go) both have a very distinctive 'S' punched in the metal.

I'll have to try and look under the carbon at the front. 

Shoot BP or a Sub and you won't have to clean off that carbon ring.

Come over to the dark side... Your guns are easier to clean and we have cookies. :rolleyes:

:P:D

Archived