SASS Wire Forum

In the back yard this morning

Utah Bob #35998

Nice to see the elk. I have found old droppings behind the house but no sightings. The scrub jays will empty my bird feeder in hours! They swish back and forth with their beaks getting the sunflower seeds until everything is on the ground. All the birds and rock squirrels act like it's manna from heaven. Then the javalina come in and vacuum what's left up.

UB:

Any chance that migrating elk could provide a justification for opposing the solar farm across your field?  Around here, migrating birds, migrating whales and migrating turtles have been used by tree huggers to argue against various development projects, arguing that man-built structures would adversely affect established animal migratory pathways.  Maybe you can take a play out of their playbook?

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

UB:

Any chance that migrating elk could provide a justification for opposing the solar farm across your field?  Around here, migrating birds, migrating whales and migrating turtles have been used by tree huggers to argue against various development projects, arguing that man-built structures would adversely affect established animal migratory pathways.  Maybe you can take a play out of their playbook?

LL

That is one of the factors we have brought up with the Division of Wildlife. 

Love watching elk.

We used to get Western Scrub Jays at our feeders in Oregon.  I like them but my neighbors  did not. I really don't mind  the bigger birds at my feeders. I like all birds, even crows. Though I draw the line at feeding Turkey Vultures, but I have considered feeding them certain people. Those were just passing fancies.

EDIT: I hate pigeons. I will not feed them and will run them off. If I could go back in time I would go to France and stop those two French bastages from boarding that ship to New York in the 1700’s and bringing those winged-rats to the USA. Hell, I would feed rats over pigeons. 

I feed crows to keep pigeons away. 

Archived