SASS Wire Forum

What shot timer does your club use?

Buckshot Bear

PACT. I find the beep easier to hear than the buzzer (of a Comp Elec) and I like the fact that you can "stage" the timer in your hand by pressing the button and holding it until ready then releasing rather than just pressing it to start.

2 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

PACT. I find the beep easier to hear than the buzzer (of a Comp Elec) and I like the fact that you can "stage" the timer in your hand by pressing the button and holding it until ready then releasing rather than just pressing it to start.

+1

If you use electronic scoring (and why not), would highly recommend the timer from AMG.    Purchased one last year for our club and love it.  It's small and lightweight but is well built, very accurate and does not pickup false taps from the TO.     Would highly recommend.  

ALSO the big thing why we purchased was that the timer communicates with the tablets and transmits the score.  After the end of the run, the scorer just hits a button on the tablet and brings the accurate score in from the timer without communication or translation errors.   Eliminates any issues with scores maybe not keying in correctly or hearing correctly from the TO.   Again, love it and highly recommend.

https://www.amg-lab.com/

We actually use the Old, Old PACT timers because the frequency of the "Beep" is much lower, and everyone can hear them. I can not hear most of the newer timers because, like most oldsters, my high frequency hearing is greatly compromised. 

2 hours ago, Toranado, SASS # 58447 said:

If you use electronic scoring (and why not), would highly recommend the timer from AMG.    Purchased one last year for our club and love it.  It's small and lightweight but is well built, very accurate and does not pickup false taps from the TO.     Would highly recommend.  

ALSO the big thing why we purchased was that the timer communicates with the tablets and transmits the score.  After the end of the run, the scorer just hits a button on the tablet and brings the accurate score in from the timer without communication or translation errors.   Eliminates any issues with scores maybe not keying in correctly or hearing correctly from the TO.   Again, love it and highly recommend.

https://www.amg-lab.com/

We started using the AMG timers a couple of months ago.  We read out the raw time to verify what the tablet downloads but I’m now aware of any errors as long as the scorekeeper has not “jumped the gun” pecking the download command.  

We have both pact timers and competition electronics timers.  We like the pact timers more because you can self time speed matches with them.  They will start as soon as the button is released.  The competition electronic ones start as soon as you push the button.

AMG. 

Press a "button" on the scoring tablet and time from the AMG is reported to the scoring tablet.  No transposed typing errors or a TO wondering off without first reporting the time to the scorer. 

52 minutes ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

We started using the AMG timers a couple of months ago.  We read out the raw time to verify what the tablet downloads but I’m now aware of any errors as long as the scorekeeper has not “jumped the gun” pecking the download command.  

I was the scorer.  TO read out loud the time.  The score he announced wasn't the score the AMG reported to the tablet.  I asked the TO repeat the time.  TO had inadvertently transposed the last two digits the first time.  Without the AMG the error would not have been noticed.

The Whiskey Row Gunslingers and the Granite Mountain Outlaws both use the Competition Electronics Pocket Pro

and when I am the TO, I use my own personal Competition Electronics Pocket Pro ll.

7 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

AMG. 

Press a "button" on the scoring tablet and time from the AMG is reported to the scoring tablet.  No transposed typing errors or a TO wondering off without first reporting the time to the scorer. 

Can these report to multiple external sources?

I used a timer years ago that reported to a digital display visible to spectators - may have been the same brand.

I am always looking into methods that make our game more spectator friendly.

And visible scoring is one avenue to explore.

9 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Can these report to multiple external sources?

I used a timer years ago that reported to a digital display visible to spectators - may have been the same brand.

I am always looking into methods that make our game more spectator friendly.

And visible scoring is one avenue to explore.

Timer is Bluetooth connected to an individual scoring tablet. 

Archived