SASS Wire Forum

Got a New Steed

John Kloehr

The historical John Kloehr ran a livery, so he must have had a good steed. Got me a new steed:

IMG_1852.jpeg.ee1aeb6224e61cfd6f2832b527cdd979.jpeg

IMG_1846.jpeg.24ca0539397133fbf2c58c8a723c0177.jpeg

IMG_1823.jpeg.5a4e48174ab6d1979288c0ac4654e740.jpeg

2077471862_IMG_1772(1).jpeg.5aa6343b6b558b4de6f9f0b8307ac5a5.jpeg

Got me thinking some thoughts, to accessorize...

Started with Kalashnikitty:

1445597649_IMG_1956(1).jpeg.53ce717219e57848e77a27b7f7d5015d.jpeg

And wondering...

IMG_1952.jpeg.b937f7c2fbfb2afbf0d02d93c6ae8498.jpeg

I’m a bike guy , but have driven some sick cars - the two baddest being a 67 Coronet RT (auto) and a four speed 72 vette.

Both pushing 500 horse ,I was about 20 -and probably had about 5 years experience of ripping through four speeds at the time .Congrats on that sweet ride ! I’d have to say with that manual transmission that car would probably be the most insane car 90% of the population would or will have ever driven  .... shifting redline approach, off course  !

That bumblebee makes it look like an even more menacing model , wonder if it has the two keys I’ve heard about ?

Either way , enjoy that American muscle , and stay safe !

Here is my full race , one year and last year Low Rider . She is pushing 100 horse and torque- outta 80 cubes.

( A two into one would get us there , but F that. ) She is high tens , legal ( well legit plate anyway )street bike .

We have smoked many vehicles, favorite and funnest being an R1 , ridden by no slouch .

If I had a jap bike I’d probably be dead doin buck sixty , probably kill myself in your car too .

i replied to your thread to congratulate you . But equally important - I have said for over five years that Mopar would be the muscle car I would buy if I had big loot . Even more so , never even heard of a stick offered in new cars .

So yeah , that manual option makes that car something special ... Hats off !

9FF8EC61-0BF2-4132-8463-5A118FA935B8.jpeg

Nice!

Several years ago in Vegas I rented one of the Hemi powered Challengers. Wow! What a car! Loved it!

Three days ago I saw a State Trooper driving a blacked out, unmarked Challenger. Woo hoo! I'm betting his job got better when he got that car. :D

1 hour ago, E.D. BLACK said:

Both pushing 500 horse ,I was about 20 -and probably had about 5 years experience of ripping through four speeds at the time

If I had got it when I was 20, I'd be posting from the hospital or the grave; probably would not have lasted 20 minutes.

This one is rated 485 HP. Demons and Hell Cats are rated over 700 HP and come with a "valet fob" that limits power. They also come with insane insurance rates.

So far, I have only used half of its power and doubt I will ever use all of it.

Insurance on this one is only 10% more than my pickup truck, mostly due to being newer and worth more. Helps to not have a bad history of claims and tickets.

The manual transmission is just for fun, it is slower on the track compared to the automatic. But it is still faster than I am.

The Dodge Challenger is my favorite "Hot Rod" car. It has the looks and the presence of a muscle car. The new Chargers, Camaros and Mustangs just don't hold a candle to it in looks and presence.

I saw a gray Challenger this morning. Even in Haze Gray they look great.

It does have a different visual impact; the retro look with modern engineering makes a statement.

It does draw attention. From slack-jawed teenage stares to folks that owned an original in the 70s, it gets noticed.

I think the Plum Crazy paint and the shaker hood also throws some people off, one gentleman at a gas station Monday thought it was a restored classic, he had no idea this was a modern vehicle.

Thanks John , I only drove those 2 cars once . Woulda probably racked them both if they were mine .

Had to give up the Harley to drive the RT , lack of power breaks and steering likely slowed me down too .

Power and speed I guess for lack of better term are adrenaline release for me. Definitely more skill , and balls too in my thirties and forties . Owned a Harley since I was 17 , pretty much scared myself every ride ( even last week ).Very early fifties now , my skills - mostly reflexes are slowing . Technology is definitely catching up , Low Riders came stock with 110 HORSE about 5 years ago . I’m sure you’ve worked hard for your Dodge ....

nice to know that you have that power to throw you back in that seat (HARD) whenever you like !

47 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The Dodge Challenger is my favorite "Hot Rod" car. It has the looks and the presence of a muscle car. The new Chargers, Camaros and Mustangs just don't hold a candle to it in looks and presence.

I saw a gray Challenger this morning. Even in Haze Gray they look great.

100% agree with this. The Challenger looks bad ass fast just sitting in a parking lot.

Congrats JK, very nice!

I would love it and jump through hoops to buy a Challenger convertible.

A  friend of mine in high school had a 71 Challenger convertible and I loved that car. I remember it had a ""Slap  Stick" shifter.. It had the 340 V8 with a 4 barrel carb.  It was a great car. 

Never mind...I tried to post a photo but can't.

23 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

The historical John Kloehr ran a livery, so he must have had a good steed. Got me a new steed:

IMG_1852.jpeg.ee1aeb6224e61cfd6f2832b527cdd979.jpeg

Got me thinking some thoughts, to accessorize...

Started with Kalashnikitty:

And wondering...

Millennial anti-theft device. 

Baby boomer joy stick.

I was always partial to Mopar muscle...

We only owned one...  it was a 1970 Newport that was my wife's first time behind the wheel.
Her ex-husband would not let her drive, so after she ditched him, I found the Newport as something safe for her.

It had a spun timing chain, so I replaced the 383 with a 440.
I found the 440 from a cop car in Russian River (CA) for $200 complete with trans.
That slid into her grocery getter just fine.

My all time favorite is a 1970 Challenger, 440 or 426, but must have a stick.
Kudos on the nice ride.

• 4 weeks later...

The state of Tennessee has approved my personalized plate. Not going to jinx it by posting what I am actually getting until I have it.

Possible delivery around January 9th. Pic to follow then. I'm sure you will all approve.

This was a runner up I did not order (also available with Ds instead of Ts):

1361123872_ScreenShot2021-12-13at1_02_10PM.thumb.png.c458dd5ace44605f94133fbcd8648f36.png

4 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

The state of Tennessee has approved my personalized plate. Not going to jinx it by posting what I am actually getting until I have it.

Possible delivery around January 9th. Pic to follow then. I'm sure you will all approve.

This was a runner up I did not order (also available with Ds instead of Ts):

1361123872_ScreenShot2021-12-13at1_02_10PM.thumb.png.c458dd5ace44605f94133fbcd8648f36.png

Well that right there is pretty darn cool so your approved plate must be a good one too. 

Years ago in CA I had PAT RYUT as a plate on my Chevy S10 ZR2.

I considered trying to get that one again but this state doesn’t need any more of my money. I still have the original plate in my garage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived