SASS Wire Forum

IPhone SE

Rye Miles #13621

I just got a new IPhone SE , $399 Apple doesn’t advertise this little gem because they want you to spend $1200!

This is a great little phone! In case you’re looking for a new phone check it out!

B)

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I just got a new IPhone SE , $399 Apple doesn’t advertise this little gem because they want you to spend $1200!

This is a great little phone! In case you’re looking for a new phone check it out!

B)

They release the newer (your) version in 2020. For a long time I had a 5s then an 8. Now I have an XS Max. The XS Max is big and at first I didn’t like it and regretted giving up my smaller phone, but then my work gave me an iPhone 7, like the SE, and I found that I was spoiled by the bigger phone’s screen. My big fingers have an easier time with the XS Max. 

If this is your first iPhone I think you’ll like it. There aren’t as many App options on iPhone, but what they have works for me. 

My wife asked me if I was going to want the new 12. I am happy with the one I have for now. 

EDIT: I meant the 13, not the 12

The really nice thing about that SE is it fits in your pocket easily. 

I highly recommend “Speck” cell phone cases. They protect your phone without adding bulk. They can take a beating and still look great. 
The “Presidio” model have grippy surfaces but they don’t hang up in you pocket. Skip the candy shell models. They scratch up easily. 

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The really nice thing about that SE is it fits in your pocket easily. 

I highly recommend “Speck” cell phone cases. They protect your phone without adding bulk. They can take a beating and still look great. 
The “Presidio” model have grippy surfaces but they don’t hang up in you pocket. Skip the candy shell models. They scratch up easily. 

Plus 1 on the Speck case.

Dutch

I got an SE 2020 earlier this year. It is the size of an 8 with all of the buttons I was used to but has the guts of an 11. I like it a lot and really needed it because several of the few apps I use all the time had stopped working because of old software on the old phone.

56 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They release the newer (your) version in 2020. For a long time I had a 5s then an 8. Now I have an XS Max. The XS Max is big and at first I didn’t like it and regretted giving up my smaller phone, but then my work gave me an iPhone 7, like the SE, and I found that I was spoiled by the bigger phone’s screen. My big fingers have an easier time with the XS Max. 

If this is your first iPhone I think you’ll like it. There aren’t as many App options on iPhone, but what they have works for me. 

My wife asked me if I was going to want the new 12. I am happy with the one I have for now. 

This is the 3rd IPhone I’ve had. I had a 5 and a 6S. I like the smaller size myself. 

I upgraded to an "8" and won't admit from what :rolleyes:   I wasn't wiling to give up the "home" button.  Yea, I'm some Luddite at heart but finger print and facial recognition just don't pull my triggers.

My tech savvy sweetheart upgraded her XS Max to the new 13.  She and her running partner are going to Holland for Tulip time and a Garden tour River Cruse in Spring and she wanted the new super Whiz Bang camera system.  I do have the latest OS on my "8" though.

I had the iphone 6 for about 5 years and was happy with it. I'm not a big technogeek so a working phone and a few apps works for me.  Then earlier this year, I tried to download the Fidelity App.  The phone told me that I didn't have the correct operating system to download the app. and couldn't seem to get the correct system to download.   After inquiring at my local iphone store, I find that some of the latest apps are not supported by the older iphones.  "Phasing out the dinosaurs" was the words he used.  Hmmmm.  I ended up getting the iphone SE.  It seems to work just like the iphone 6 but will handle all the current apps.  

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I had the iphone 6 for about 5 years and was happy with it. I'm not a big technogeek so a working phone and a few apps works for me.  Then earlier this year, I tried to download the Fidelity App.  The phone told me that I didn't have the correct operating system to download the app. and couldn't seem to get the correct system to download.   After inquiring at my local iphone store, I find that some of the latest apps are not supported by the older iphones.  "Phasing out the dinosaurs" was the words he used.  Hmmmm.  I ended up getting the iphone SE.  It seems to work just like the iphone 6 but will handle all the current apps.  

Yep same thing here,  That’s exactly why I got this SE. 

My 5s gave up the ghost earlier this summer. I got the 2020. I like the size, (fits in my shirt pocket) and I got the “Otter” case ‘cause it’ll hold up under really harsh conditions like out in my shop with the welding and nasty chemicals I sometimes employ.  It bounces pretty good too!

I've also got the Otter box cover for my SE.  Well, it's the Pendergrass Flea Market version of an Otter box which was $10.00 and no sales tax.  The Mexicans and Chinese have a very efficient relationship. 

Went with the 13 Pro-Max last month for two reasons - the bigger phone is easier on my hands (less cramping),

and the camera is sierra hotel so I don't need to carry my big gear unless I'm setting out to do a specific shoot.

SC

I got the SE back in the summer when the battery on my 6 would no longer hold a charge with re-charging every night despite limited use.

I skipped the facial rec and finger print unlock options.  I find the 4 digit password more secure against the average person.

We bought ours from Consumer Cellular. Something like $230 IIRC. $20 down and add $10/mon to the phone bill (no interest or fees) until paid for. Can't get much more painless than that.

JHC

Archived