SASS Wire Forum

Pickup truck, extended cab floor rack/tray

Chief Rick

I have a Ford F-150 with extended cab.  The back floor is not flat when the seat is folded up.

Is anyone aware of a tray/rack that I can put over the seat supports to make the "floor" flat when I have the back seats folded up?

2 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

I built one for my RAM....I'll take pictures later and post. It was a very easy project.

It looks like that's the route I'll be taking.

53 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No. I want the entire rear floorboard area to be the same height.  As it is, the brackets for the back seat make it impossible to use the entire width of the floor, or the items you put back there sit at an angle and/or get wedged between the seat mounts.

That is fancy @Rancho Roy.  Mine weren't as fancy, plywood with 2x4 legs at the edge of the board, all wrapped in marine carpet.  Put it in from each side and sits flush against the transmission well.  Also made one with 1ft legs and the platform went the full width like the rear deck in a hatchback.  Looks like the floor so no one could see rifle cases below it.  

16 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

What I failed to show is the whole thing then tilts up to access storage beneath......

The Ram I used to own had the fold-flat metal  shelf in the back seat.  It looked/functioned just like what you have built and I used it a lot.

The F-150 does not come, to my knowledge, with anything like that.

I don't know if there's enough room under the seats when they are down to have something that folds up stay under them.  And, as the rear seat is split I'll need the floor rack to be two pieces (or split) as well.  I leave the back seats folded up 90% of the time but sometimes I need seating for one person (grand-daughter) and still need the floor on the other side.

Archived