SASS Wire Forum

Renegade 1873 Rifle

Painted Mohawk SASS 77785

Just curious  if anyone knows what year the Beretta Uberti  Renegade '73 was made & how many.

I understand there was only 38/357 & .45 Colt ..is that correct ?

What price were they when first introduced in the USA ?

I have one in .45 & luv' it..just after more info other than what I've googled.

Thanks..

I bought one in 2012 as my first rifle. LGS has 3 of each caliber. They were somewhere around $1400 if I remember. It went on sale for $750 so one in 38/357 followed me home.  Put in new springs, smoothed it up and checked timing. It runs like a top. We both now shoot Classic so it sits in the safe as a loaner. I have never had a problem with it.

Yo-Ho Painted Mohawk:  Got mine in 2009 saw it in the Guns of old west winter issue #60 and big write up of it in that issue. Listed price was $1350.00.  

I called Johnny Meadows and ordered it. Came with short stroke and then Johnny also did some work on same.

It's a 38/357 caliber. It came with 20" barrel & I cut it down to 18".

Still have it and it is nice & slick to this day. Did add few other items to it. Will never part with it.

Yo-Ho back at cha Painted Mohawk. If you want a copy of the advertisement from magazine I will copy all & send to you.

Send me your E-mail.

Jackrabbit Joe

jgp3749@cox.net

Beretta offered the Renegade as a step up over the other 73s.  It offered nice bluing and nice wood to metal fitting.  The problem at the time, they were over priced and did not sell as they had hoped.  Beretta then stopped their manufacturing of the Renegade, lowered the price, and dumped them to dealers and distributors.  I have a friend who purchased ten and later wished he had purchased more.  They slick-up to a very competitive rifle and seem to last even with our use.

I think I paid $695. for mine in 45 and my friend with me that day bought on in 38 I still shoot mine but shoot my 66 carbine as my main match gun.

Woodfox

Archived