SASS Wire Forum

Holiday Wish List

Obviously the first wish would be that we actually see real evidence of the "24/7/365" manufacture of reloading components, and also ammunition. All I have heard, so far, is talk. The shelves, around here, are as empty as traitor-joe's head. 

Second: A muzzleloading double-barrel shot-gun, with screw-in chokes. They made a few, back in the day, but I can't find any made today. 

Third: A straight grip model 1886 lever-action rifle, with octagonal barrel, made by someone other than chiappa. :wacko:

Pedersoli, and Uberti make one with a pistol grip, but I prefer a straight grip. 

Fourth: That Uberti would correct their design of the Schofield, and other top-break revolvers, so we could actually shoot black-powder in them. Well, you can shoot black-powder in them now, but they seize up after one or two cylinders of firing. If you are going to make a clone, then make a clone, with authentic designs. 

Fifth: That they made a "Colt" Lightning, slide-action rifle, in .38 w.c.f. caliber.

Sixth: That Uberti would re-introduce their model 1876 Centennial, with a 20 inch barrel, in addition to the standard 28 inch barrel. The 20 inch barrel was once available.

Seven: A reproduction of a Merwin & Hulbert revolver.

To the manufacturers, I say, where there is a will, there is a way. We have more clones available today, than ever before. I started shooting clones, and blackpowder reproductions, in 1965. We have come a very long way, since those days. We never thought we would see a Rogers & Spencer, or a Starr, or a LeMat reproduction, or a Spencer, or a trapdoor, or a Schofield. 

Yep...if it was easy, anyone could do it. I won't hold my breath on this holiday wish.  

I will stop at seven wishes. I am sure others have their own holiday wish lists, that they would like to see. 

Oh...wish lists emphasize the word "wish". I am very painfully aware of the fact that there are excuses for certain things not being made, or not being made anymore.

Wishing doesn't mean expecting to have it happen. It is a wish list.

But....who knows...maybe someone is reading/listening, and that could start someone thinking. Stranger things have happened. 

W.K. 

They were so close on the Merwin Hulbert not that long ago and it was going to be built in the good old US of A.

Holiday wish list?

Black Rifle Coffee

Bourbon

Pedersoli 86/71 45-70

Pretty simple this year. :D

I want a modern cartridge fired LeMat revolver.

More accessible BP clones that a normal human can afford would be nice also.

My list is pretty simple. I hope Santa has deep pockets, though.

5 inch blue steel N frame 45 Colt.

5 inch blue steel N frame 357.

5 inch 38/44 heavy duty.

K32. One of the newer Model 16s, in 32 H&R would be nice. I would probably never shoot the Magnum through it, but having the ability would be sweet. But I really want a K32 to go with the K22 and K38. I want the set.

Lastly, a pre-war hammer 410 side by side. Before the war they actually built shotguns on their own frame size. Now you buy a 16 and they just put 16 barrels on a 12 gauge frame. You buy a 410 and it's 410 barrels on a 20 gauge frame. But before the war they actually made a little bitty 410 frame.

Archived