SASS Wire Forum

LAST CHANCE TO WIN UP TO 10 GUNS!

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

The drawing for the 10-guns we are raffling off will take place in 20 days but there's still time to buy tickets if you have not yet already bought them!  This is a fundraiser to help our club rebuild our cowboy town that was destroyed by Hurricane Laura more than a year ago.  We've made good progress but still have a ways to go.  We're raffling off 10 guns as a fundraiser so we can continue to purchase building materials (the cost of which as you know has skyrocketed).

You do not have to be present at the drawing to win. The way the raffle works is like this - 10 ticket stubs will be drawn on Dec 4th at our sister club, the Orange County Regulators in Orange, Texas following their regular match.  Each one of those 10 tickets will be consecutively numbered as they are drawn.  Then, later that day the holder of the first drawn ticket will be phoned and they will get their pick from among all 10 of the guns.  Once that person's choice has been established, the holder of the second drawn ticket will be called and they will get to choose from among the 9 remaining guns, and so on down the line until the remaining gun goes to the holder of the 10th ticket drawn.  Although this process of establishing who wants which gun may take days, the drawing will be videoed and put on the SASS Wire that same day so ticket buyers can see without delay if they are a winner and whether or not to expect a phone call.  And yes, if you buy more than one ticket and more than one of your tickets are drawn, you will win more than one gun .  We will ship guns from our FFL to the winner's FFL at our expense.

To order tickets, please mail a check or money order made out to UP THE CREEK GANG for the amount that equals the number of tickets you wish to buy at $10 per ticket to: Up the Creek Gang, 528 Jefferson Dr., Lake Charles, LA 70605.  Make sure to include your Alias, telephone number, and email address.  We will fill out your ticket stubs and enter them in the drawing.  Let us know if you would like us to either email you a photo of your filled-out ticket stubs or mail you the long parts of the tickets or both - we'll be glad to do that.  The deadline for us to receive your ticket order is Friday, December 3, the day before the drawing. 

We also will have tickets for sale Nov 19-21 in Groesbeck TX at the Old Fort Parker Patriots' annual match, Defend Old Fort Parker.

Below is a list of those 10 guns, followed by photos.

Thanks for your help getting us back on our feet, and best of luck to the ticket buyers!

Hellbender
President, Up the Creek Gang

Rifles:

• Marlin 1894C (JM) 357 w/ Action Job 
  • Marlin 1894CS 357 (NIB) w/ engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Marlin 1895CB (JM) 45-70 w/ engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Henry 22 Golden Boy Texas Tribute Edition (NIB)
  • Henry 22 Silver Series American Eagle Edition (NIB) [note: photo below is a stock photo from when rifle was on order but we do have the rifle now]

Shotguns

• IAC 1897CB 12 Gauge, Hard Chrome w/ Action Job & Extra Stock
  • Stoeger 12 Gauge Coach Gun w/Action Job & Engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Stoeger 12 Gauge Coach Gun (NIB) w/ Engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Stoeger 20 Gauge Uplander (NIB)
  • Stoeger 20 Gauge Uplander w/ Engraved Stock

IMG_20211011_0002.thumb.jpg.f8045032c8d5a3e69be54b74312f5712.jpg

IMG_6393.thumb.jpeg.c4885ae6bcd724b5d80aeddc9f4ac4a9.jpegIMG_6122.thumb.jpeg.13dff1c42b499fb03c9207b9a3e87a80.jpegIMG_6392.thumb.jpeg.feeb0b6c7a346563fde991547212d6c8.jpeg572120375_Henryrifles.jpg.a380aa090af0cf74ac0e31679a8811c6.jpgIMG_6089.thumb.jpeg.d15653e23946b8067c0c9e09ac0c7d42.jpegIMG_6111.thumb.jpeg.bd5ca668fcad5ef5fa13b3875976c680.jpegIMG_6104.thumb.jpeg.fcc16ea01a3a7d0e3d995bba0406322c.jpegIMG_6076.thumb.jpeg.1fc1fdecf849e16da23024fd168401ca.jpegIMG_6083.thumb.jpeg.114b6f5ace1f21ca27449c4469aec7bb.jpeg

Howdy Hellbender.  I got my tickets from Tell Sackett at Plum Creek (thanks, Tell!).  The drawing will be here before you know it!  I figure my chances this time are about 50-50.  Either I's gonna win, or I ain't.  :)

6 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Howdy Hellbender.  I got my tickets from Tell Sackett at Plum Creek (thanks, Tell!).  The drawing will be here before you know it!  I figure my chances this time are about 50-50.  Either I's gonna win, or I ain't.  :)

Howdy Abilene,

I like the way you figure those odds - I guess I've got the same odds myself (I'll go ahead and pick my winning gun now - I'll take the hard chrome '97 :D).

Hellbender

6 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

Howdy Abilene,

I like the way you figure those odds - I guess I've got the same odds myself (I'll go ahead and pick my winning gun now - I'll take the hard chrome '97 :D).

Hellbender

Yea, that '97 and that 45-70 will probably be the first choices of many.

..........Widder

16 hours ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Remind me to buy a couple more tickets at Fort Parker.  Actually have no idea which gun I would even want as they all sound pretty good.  Hope I get the chance to have to decide.

No need to worry Dream Chaser - I WILL remind you to buy tickets at the fort!  And good luck to you!

Hellbender

3 hours ago, Jack Spade said:

Mailed a check your way on Monday. 

Great, thank you!  It should come tomorrow (but the way the mails been running I hope it comes at least by next week!)

Hellbender

4 hours ago, Possum Stu said:

Just mailed you a check today. Good luck with the rebuild!

Many thanks Pard and good luck!

Hellbender

23 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Great, thank you!  It should come tomorrow (but the way the mails been running I hope it comes at least by next week!)

Hellbender

Jack Spade,

by some miracle (divine intervention?) your check came today!  Thanks pard.  I'm sending you a PM.

Hellbender

On 11/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, Possum Stu said:

Just mailed you a check today. Good luck with the rebuild!

Your check came today Possum Stu - many thanks for your support and best of luck in the drawing!!!!

Hellbender

Quit selling tickets already!  Every ticket you sell lowers my odds of winning! :D

Just now, Hoss said:

Quit selling tickets already!  Every ticket you sell lowers my odds of winning! :D

Well Hoss, the obvious solution is for you to order even more tickets! :rolleyes:

We missed you at Defend the Fort.  I even brought a little gift with me for you but you weren't there so I gave it to Dream Chaser to give to you for me.  Now don't get excited - its not a gun or anything like that.  Just a little something (a very little something) I had that I had no use for but I knew you could use.  Now you'll be wondering just what in the world it is until you get it :lol:

Hellbender

20 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Your check came today Possum Stu - many thanks for your support and best of luck in the drawing!!!!

Hellbender

You're welcome Hellbender! Glad it made it. Thanks! 

Archived