SASS Wire Forum

New to me rifle- A Hepburn!

Wallaby Damned

With the sale of my Shiloh and a few other antique irons, my office wall was getting a little sparse!  Well, somebody somewhere must have smiled on me because I have finally purchased an honest to goodness Hepburn in 40-65 straight. Came from an east coast estate sale and the seller only noted that the previous owner had passed on to the great match beyond. Well, I hope he’s happy knowing she’s on the way to me out here in western Montana and will be put to good use shortly. Anyway, just thought I’d share a pic as it’s been a long time dream of mine to own one. Of course, I only recently gave away all my brass and such here in the wire, figuring I was done with the caliber so hahaha on me! 

2185063F-8463-4E1A-BA64-5493100153E2.jpeg

776CEA7C-C561-495A-BDC6-8F0E8B45CC6B.jpeg

3FEC7A9E-DA65-425B-A195-7E405182AE39.jpeg

7 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

That gun looks new!  Restoration?

I believe so. I haven’t got much by way of background on it yet as it’s in from an estate sale. I’m going to check in with the BPCR and ASSRA folks and see if they knew the previous owner. 

Roy- love your page and not just for the shooting information. I was just reading your e-conversion mower as I’m looking for ideas for my own mad scientist gadgetery, AKA the rail kart.  Seems we all have odd side projects that keep us going!  That’s what I love about this society; never know what you’re going to find! Thanks for the ideas mate. 

FBD89160-C757-4CDF-B13B-E12F69E8E41A.jpeg

0D521BF0-B0DA-421B-805E-CC5EC7D3F572.jpeg

F52C968A-3997-4422-AF81-0331D4DE9E0C.jpeg

the rail kart

Oh Man! I'd love to be involved with that project!   Maybe a small jet engine! Keep me informed on how it goes..... PS, I just returned from Polson MT....Love it out there!

My DZ Arms Hepburn in 45-90 was my very favorite buffalo gun.

Prettier than my Shilo Sharps or Browning, and very accurate.

It still pains me to have sold it.

9 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

Oh Man! I'd love to be involved with that project!   Maybe a small jet engine! Keep me informed on how it goes..... PS, I just returned from Polson MT....Love it out there!

Roy- I’ll send you a PM. I’d love the help mate!  Already downloaded your schematics and parts list to assist in my e-conversion. She’s currently pedal powered only on a 3/4” axle with coaster sprockets. I’m thinking I’ll run a backwards coaster sprocket to the motor so I have an “emergency” power source should the batteries go down on longer runs. 

Archived