SASS Wire Forum

Saw something really interesting on a TV show

Alpo

I downloaded the CBS app, and started watching this season of NCIS. It was I believe the third episode.

They have this serial killer in interrogation. Kate 4.0 (Kate then Ziva then Bishop and now this girl) is doing the interrogation while Tony 2.0 is watching from the observation room.

Suddenly the suspect shoves the table across the floor (I thought those things were bolted down) and forces Kate 2.0 up against the wall, slamming her head into the mirror and breaking it. Tony 2.0 runs out into the hallway and down into the interrogation room. The suspect climbs up on the table and dives through the broken mirror into observation, then out the door and down the hall.

As he is crossing the squad room he bumps into Abby 2.0 and quickly grabs her and snatches up a letter opener (belonged to Kate 4.0's grandmother. Mentioned earlier - Chekhov's gun) and puts it to Abby 2.0's throat, threatening her with death.

Facing them are McGee, Kate 4.0, Tony 2.0, and Fornell 2.0, all with guns out chanting the magical incantations: LET HER GO. DROP THE WEAPON. RELEASE HER. DROP THE KNIFE.

And I'm sitting there thinking, "For bog's sake, somebody just shoot him". Then BLAM, and he drops to the floor and  Abby 2.0 runs into the welcoming arms of the crew.

Then the camera angle changes and we can see the elevator door is open, and Gibbs is standing there with a gun in his hand.

Finally. An intelligent response to a murderer holding a gun on an innocent person. Someone shot him. :D

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I saw that. It’s tv so Gibbs bullet does not over penetrate.

In the episode where Agent Lee was a traitor, the bad guy was using her for a human shield, and Gibbs shot her three times in the torso with his 9 mm. All three bullets achieved complete penetration, killing the bad guy behind her.

Possibly this over penetration of 9 mm is the reason behind his change to a 1911 45.

51 minutes ago, Alpo said:

In the episode where Agent Lee was a traitor, the bad guy was using her for a human shield, and Gibbs shot her three times in the torso with his 9 mm. All three bullets achieved complete penetration, killing the bad guy behind her.

Possibly this over penetration of 9 mm is the reason behind his change to a 1911 45.

In reality, it’s the bullet more than the weapon.  On tv it’s the writer.

50 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm guessing the serial killer in this episode had significantly more body mass than Lee's 105#.

No idea. She is pretty, she has dark hair longer than shoulder length, and she is bustier than either Ziva or Bishop (Kate 2.0 and 3.0). I do not ever recall seeing her before. And I have never watched Hawaii Five-O - either the first one or what I have been told is the terrible remake.

I know that Tony 2.0 is Fez from That 70s Show.

guess i need to watch a few more episodes , think ive missed this one ,  im all in with the analysis of  "actual and "movie/TV" bullets but it finishes the story and allows for the commercial , , 

i like the original NCIS , i can enjoy los angelus , im not fond of new orleans and ive not got time for hawaii so far , 

Archived