SASS Wire Forum

Clermont Florida

Average Joe

Hey all

I’m looking for sass clubs in or around Clermont, FL. I’ll be down off and on over the winter and would like to be able to shoot occasionally if I can work it out. Also I’d be looking for a place to store a set of guns here for the winter.  Any clubs that offer a locker?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Average Joe

There are several clubs a short distance away.  We stayed in Clermont one year when we shot the Idea of March at the Lake County Pistoleros in Taveras/Leesburg/Eustis area.

There is also the Roughshod Raiders in Gainesville (haven't had the pleasure of shooting there yet) and the Fort White Cavalry in Fort White/Alachua area.

You should be able to shoot just about any weekend with a less than 2 hour drive.

Lake County Pistoleros is closest club to Clermont. The monthly shoot is the 3rd Saturday at the Eustis Gun Club in Tavares. I am in Winter Garden, east of Clermont and it is about a 30 minute drive for me.

Below is a list with websites/etc of the Florida clubs. As others have mentioned, The Lake County Pistoleros are the closest. Please note, you must enter the road to the range (Frankies Rd) from CR 561.

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/blog/235/s-a-s-s-florida-club-list-and-info/

The Wewahootee Vigilance Committee is based at the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club in Orlando.  www.cfrpc.com

We have a practice session every Tuesday starting about 8-9 until around noon that is open to non club members as well.

Archived