SASS Wire Forum

Sass Saloon trouble

SHOOTIN FOX

Yes. The only Saloon posts that I can see are ones I start or the most recent post on the Forums page. Been like that for a long time.

Works fine for me.  Lots of posts on there.  This comes up once in a while maybe you can do a search.  Computer geeks talk about clearing the cache (?) or deleting the SASS website from your computer and reloading it (?).  Bottom line is the problem is on your end.

Try clearing browser cache and internet cookies.   Sounds like the forum software believes that you have already viewed many of the posts and has decided you never want to see them again.

You need to know how to do the "clear browser cache and internet cookies" trick anyway for general cleanup.  Put into a search window the name of your internet browser followed by "clear cache and cookies."    See if you can follow instructions on one of the pages that come from that search.  You may have to enlist the help of the nearest 12 year old.

good luck, GJ

12 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Not really but I am stumped as to how WJ responded to Deacon KC 3  hours before he posted (even though in WJ's response, it indicated 6 hours after)!

image.thumb.png.1d17798a0ad4651a7752aa73422476bd.png

WJ is in Australia.  Time and space are different down there.

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Works fine for me.  Lots of posts on there.  This comes up once in a while maybe you can do a search.  Computer geeks talk about clearing the cache (?) or deleting the SASS website from your computer and reloading it (?).  Bottom line is the problem is on your end.

I did all of that and still the same.

Just now, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Everything works on a regular computer, but ipad the saloon is blank.

Same here. Doesn’t work on 3 iPads but will work on iPhone where I can get cellular. Works fine on my wife’s computer.

I believe problem is an incompatibility with something unique to SASS Saloon and Chrome browser Settings.  Maybe a pop-up or redirect blocker. It is not consistently a problem on all machines because Chrome is not configured the same on everyone's install.  Could happen on other browsers with equivalent settings.

• I can't open SASS Saloon with cell phone using Chrome browser.
  • Can access all other SASS forums using Chrome. 
  • Can access SASS Saloon using cell and generic "Internet" browser bundled with cell phone OS (with no extensive Settings changes to "Internet".) 
  • Laptop and desktop computers, no problem with Chrome.

I sent email to administrator several months ago regarding issue, but never heard back.

Samsung s21, Android OS fully updated, Chrome browser fully updated.  5G or fiber via wifi network, same as laptop or desktop.

Figured it out.  (Simple)

Issue is just an out-of-synch cookie.

Answer: Reset cookies for forums.sassnet.com, as below.  Reset concept also likely to apply to iPhone/Safari.

1. In Chrome on your cell phone, goto SASS forums page.
  2. Touch the little tiny lock icon next to the URL at top of page
  3. Touch, "Cookies" at bottom of popup window
  4. Touch "xx cookies in use" at bottom of popup window.
  5. Touch "Clear" in "Clear cookies?" popup window.
  6. SASS Saloon now opens without issue.

I forgot to test cookies.  I usually do not clear cookies on "good" websites, and using standard History reset in Chrome to clear cookies deletes all.  With above procedure, you can delete just the forums.sassnet.com cookies, and SASS Saloon will work as expected.  The SASS Headquarters said there was a version release within the last few months, and I had not cleared cookies for at least that long.  A full system cookie clear will work also; Chrome/<ellipsis>/History/"Clear browsing data ..."/"Clear Data" on the "Cookies and site data" 

After Lock Icon Touch 1.jpg

After Lock Icon Touch 2.jpg

The Little Tiny Lock.jpg

Archived