SASS Wire Forum

Got this e-mail from APP Powder today

Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

Thought some of you might want to know

--Dawg

As a loyal customer of our powder, we wanted to inform you that due to the limited availability of powder in the marketplace, our orders have surged exponentially.  This surge is creating a situation where we now have limited availability of powder ourselves.  If you want to ensure your supply of American Pioneer Powder when you need it and not get stuck waiting in a backlog, please order now via email or telephone – Tel. # 954-415-8229.

Best Regards,

Bret

Are you sure it came from APP and is not some scam from some off shore low life?  I know you are sincere but I would like to make sure it is legit.

7 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

It came from 

appowder@aol.com

And when you click on this address the computer shows you the actual address the email came from.  It is the same address so it appears legit.  I get lots of stuff from the bank and other places looking for information and when I click on the address the computer shows that it was not sent by the bank.

This is from their website: http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/contact.html

I could not find an e-mail address but @aol.com seems strange for a business with their own website.

image.png.57fb8c60dc6e9246d387a66375c1cb96.png

I’m thinking you should go to the APP website and contact them thru there with the email.  
there have been a couple gunmakers having scammers trying to spoof them.  They sure as heck wouldn’t be old Skool aol.com, and they wouldn’t be panicking you into buying….  
I smell a SCAMMER….   

1 hour ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Thought some of you might want to know

--Dawg

As a loyal customer of our powder, we wanted to inform you that due to the limited availability of powder in the marketplace, our orders have surged exponentially.  This surge is creating a situation where we now have limited availability of powder ourselves.  If you want to ensure your supply of American Pioneer Powder when you need it and not get stuck waiting in a backlog, please order now via email or telephone – Tel. # 954-415-8229.

Best Regards,

Bret

the phone number on reverse lookup says it belongs to a Tara Richards in Sturbridge Mass.   APP is in BOCA RATON, FL.   

945 is a FL Area code 954 isn’t.  
I would suggest this is a SCAM.  

21 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

the phone number on reverse lookup says it belongs to a Tara Richards in Sturbridge Mass.   APP is in BOCA RATON, FL.   

The phone number is the same as APP referenced on this forum in 2017:

And on edit, I see APP now has a toll-free number.

I got the same notice  , had been planning to call Brett and order anyway .

Called him today placed my order 2 cases 3f  . He will ship it next week and then send me an

invoice to pay after it has arrived . This is the third time I have purchased APP this way .

It is not a scam .

Have they moved? I thought they were in Whitewater, Colorado. Maybe I am behind the times as I havn't bought powder from them direst for a couple of years.

4 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Have they moved? I thought they were in Whitewater, Colorado. Maybe I am behind the times as I havn't bought powder from them direst for a couple of years.

Their offices are in Florida.  The "production facility" is in Colorado.  Been that way for quite a while.  Got to remember APP is a very small enterprize.

7NIVFLNUWJPU5MQHJKY35JB5XY.jpg

Just didn't know, all the powder I ordered always shipped from Whitewater and I just assumed that was their only location.

11 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

NOT.   A.   SCAM.   I have been receiving notices as this one from Brett for years.  All you nervous nellies can relax and order APP with confidence.

No harm in being careful, with all of the actual scams out there, especially with supplies being at a premium.

They do list a toll free number on their web page... call THAT number if you're worried about some number emailed to you.

Just bought my yearly case of APP from Scarlett.  With real Black Powder in short supply, (what with the Goex announcement, all the BP went as fast as Toilet Paper!), APP has been selling fast also!

On 11/13/2021 at 6:04 PM, Nickel City Dude said:

Are you sure it came from APP and is not some scam from some off shore low life?  I know you are sincere but I would like to make sure it is legit.

It is legit and from Brett at APP! He just sent it quicker than I realized! Bret has been EXTREMELY proactive in securing chemicals/raw materials etc for APP. There has been a crazy GOOD surge in business - especially with Goex news. It is ALL GOOD.

Because of shipping (mostly) prices are expected to go up by the end of the first quarter of 2022.  There’s no need to panic. 

Look for a post Friday on the Merchant wire about ordering for EOT.

The manufacturing plant is in Whitewater, CO and the office is in Massachusetts. The labels have to be approved by the DOT so it’s probably not been changed and why Boca is still on there. 

Questions? Email me at bulletsbyscarlett@gmail.com my prices are the SAME as Bret’s. Ship 1, 2 or 4 cases. Can ship 8 via motor freight to a commercial address. 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

On 11/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, John Kloehr said:

NOT A SCAM. Tara is Bret’s wife. I am the SASS distributor for APP. If you have questions about APP or something like this being a scam, ask me! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived