SASS Wire Forum

Do you reckon there’ll be much of a celebration?

I do believe there will. 250 years is a big milestone and I may be dismayed and disheartened, but I do have faith in this country. 

God Bless America! :FlagAm:

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Unfortunately, law and policy are made based in that hate.

I don’t believe they will win In the end . They are a very vocal minority supported by the press . People are starting to wake up as to how much they have been lied too 

16 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

By a very vocal minority!!!!!:angry:

No. I don’t think so. The country is consumed by hate. I do not know if we can ever turn it around. It seems we can no longer disagree on philosophies and politics. We have to demonize those who don’t subscribe to our own views. we belittle and insult their character, appearance, patriotism and very humanity.  Both sides do this. 
Hatred is the true pandemic.

37 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

We have to demonize those who don’t subscribe to our own views. we belittle and insult their character, appearance, patriotism and very humanity

And it's not just "Nazi" or "fascist" or "communist".

This also includes terms such as "Fudd" and "Karen", which people throw out all the time.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No. I don’t think so. The country is consumed by hate. I do not know if we can ever turn it around. It seems we can no longer disagree on philosophies and politics. We have to demonize those who don’t subscribe to our own views. we belittle and insult their character, appearance, patriotism and very humanity.  Both sides do this. 
Hatred is the true pandemic.

I see it as a technology challenge. I do think the news media and politicians fan the flames of hate as much as possible. 
We have went from news papers to radio to Tv , Then the 24hour news cycle , to now having these hand held devices where we can get news almost everywhere plus share our opinions with anyone willing to listen. Plus the anonymity and the fact your chances of physically coming in contact with the other people in many cases is slim . Which is probably good in allot of cases. 
I’m not sure there’s any more rage or hate out there than there used to be . Look at all the terrible things humans have done to each other in the past. 
I think it’s just more visible than in the past . Things are pretty good these days honestly, we live like kings did just a couple of 100 years ago as far as creature comfort’s. 
In the US getting a ccw permit was almost a impossibly when I was a kid . We probably live in some of the safest times yet . 
And right now I can be out in my deer blind watching it snowing with the heater on solving the world’s problems with you fine people .

Life is pretty good 

Archived