SASS Wire Forum

Baikal 12 Gauge PRICE REDUCED

Jeb Stuart #65654

Here is a Model MP220 Baikal 12 gauge.  Has 20 inch barrels, L.O.P. between the triggers is 13 1/4 inch.  This gun has been tuned, chambers are funneled,  lever is bent and triggers have been reversed.

I hated the wood to metal fit on the Baikals, so I refinished the stock and fore end, sanded the wood down so the wood to metal fit was better, and installed a Pachmyer decelerator 1 inch recoil pad.  Then wood was stained and finished with Tru-oil    $650.00 shipped

IM000981.JPG

IM000982.JPG

IM000983.JPG

IM000984.JPG

IM000985.JPG

IM000986.JPG

IM000987.JPG

IM000988.JPG

IM000989.JPG

IM001006.JPG

IM001007.JPG

4 hours ago, San Joaquin Shootist said:

JS, who did the work on the Baikal?

Local cowboy, M.T. Jughead  He does a lot of SXS and 73 rifles for the shooters in our area. He is a 3 time Montana State SASS champion.

Jeb

28 minutes ago, El Catorce said:

Include pic of chambers? Triangle extractor? Bar down the middle?

Pictures added.  I don't have a very good camera for those kinds of pictures. If you send me your phone number I'll text you some.

The chambers were polished with 1200 wet/dry sandpaper.  The chambers and barrels are shiny like new.

can you take a picture of the barrels when open while the barrel is installed on the gun? I want to see the extractor and if it’s a dogbone that separates the chambers or a triangle…don’t need to see inside the chambers…just the view a shooter has when reloading into the barrels but with the barrels installed and not separate. 

1 hour ago, El Catorce said:

can you take a picture of the barrels when open while the barrel is installed on the gun? I want to see the extractor and if it’s a dogbone that separates the chambers or a triangle…don’t need to see inside the chambers…just the view a shooter has when reloading into the barrels but with the barrels installed and not separate. 

It is the dog bone style.  Picture to follow

4 hours ago, El Catorce said:

Thanks for the clarification 

I've heard of some smiths cutting off the top half of the dogbone, but I don't know if this is one of the guns that it can be done on.

Archived