SASS Wire Forum

Amphibious car race

Alpo

My great uncle had one when I was a kid. He took my us kids for a ride and we crossed a lake inlet maybe a 200 yard boat ride. It was very slow in the water but still pretty cool to a seven year old kid. 

It looked just like this one:

image.thumb.jpeg.995ecd7ad2ec235c2c7a4a0526af9937.jpeg

One of my frat brothers had a red one back in 1963-1964.  Took his girlfriend for  a ride.  She let her purse strap hang over the door sill and the car sank.  They got out okay but as far as I know that POS is still at the bottom of the Hyrum Reservoir.

There was a movie called The President's Analyst. One scene in the movie had them drive off the side of a ship - SPLASH!! - and then drive up to shore, drive up on the beach and go on down the road.

24 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Has someone given up on NCIS and focused on Topgear?  

If I was McGee, or Kate, or Ziva, I would be reporting Tony to HR about every other day. But Gibbs seems to think Tony is just wonderful.

Episode I was watching the other day involved a remote-controlled jetpack. McGee had built his own controller, and as the murderer is attempting to escape by flying away in the jetpack, McGee locks on to him and is bringing him back. Tony thinks that's really cool and tries to take the remote. "I want to fly him", and they squabble over it.

And I wondered if because of his childish "I want to do it" attitude he had knocked the remote to the tarmac and broke it, and the murderer got away, Gibbs would still like him.

As to this British car show - I just found the videos on YouTube and thought they were funny. Never heard of the show.

Archived