SASS Wire Forum

WTB Remington Model No. 6 .22 Rolling Block

Looking for an old Remington Model 6 .22 Rolling Block rifle. I fell in love with one at the gun shop today and while I was wandering around trying to talk myself into buying it, someone else bought it. 

I would prefer to find one somewhere in the Southeast, within driving range of East Tennessee. These rifles aren't worth a while lot, so it's probably not worth paying for shipping and FFL charges and all that.

Somebody out there must have one languishing in the back of the safe. I promise to give it a good home and shoot it regularly in .22 silhouette matches at my local range.

Fox Creek Stitcher

14 hours ago, Tuolumne Lawman 6127 said:

The shop thaI work at has a 1 1/2 in 22.

Thanks, but I'm looking for something smaller than the 1½. 

I prefer the No. 6, but a No. 4 would also work for me.

• Fox Creek Stitcher changed the title to WTB Remington Model No. 6 .22 Rolling Block
3 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

How about a Stevens Crack Shot. They are well made Rifles in 22 .

I might be interested in a Stevens Crack Shot. Is it the Model 26 with the standard falling block lever or the Model 16 with the thumb lever on the side? 

Please send me a PM with pictures/details/price. Thanks

58 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Model 26  i have a couple of them. Vert good Rifles. 

I would like to find one in 32 Caliber.

Are you offering to sell one or just recommending the model?

If you find one not worth much you should buy it quick!  The ones I have bought and, I have a 22 and 32,  I paid good money for and they were not cheap.  I think if you are looking for a face to face deal where there is not an FFL involved you might bee looking long in this climate!

3 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

If you find one not worth much you should buy it quick!  The ones I have bought and, I have a 22 and 32,  I paid good money for and they were not cheap.  I think if you are looking for a face to face deal where there is not an FFL involved you might bee looking long in this climate!

Well, the one that got away at the local gun shop would have come to just under $200 after taxes and FFL transfer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived