SASS Wire Forum

1969 Thunderbird

Subdeacon Joe

I have had both Thunderbird and MD 2020. It was many years ago and I must say they both are so memorable and leave a lasting indelible mark on one’s memory. Just thinking about both makes me want to throw up…

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have had both Thunderbird and MD 2020. It was many years ago and I must say they both are so memorable and leave a lasting indelible mark on one’s memory. Just thinking about both makes me want to throw up…

MD 2020 was the first thing I ever got drunk on. Didn't touch another drop of any alcohol for years after that. I've heard that T-bird was just as bad.

I drank a lot too much of Boones Farm Strawberry Hill one night in 1973 and I’ve never cared for any wine since then.

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

MD 2020 was the first thing I ever got drunk on. Didn't touch another drop of any alcohol for years after that. I've heard that T-bird was just as bad.

Yes, it is…if not worse! And then there’s Night Train! I am pretty sure it was called that because for every ounce you drank there was an added box car to the engine that rolled through your head the next morning…around and around, rumbling and clanging running through your head for hours…oh, the pain…

Thunderbird was the beverage of choice among the winos I saw stretched out on the Boston Common every morning as I walked to class.  The experience did nothing to convince me to try it.

Now, Mateus Rose seemed just exotic enough to inspire an impulse purchase....followed almost immediately by intense regret.

LL

When I was stationed in Spain, the base sponsored a 4th of July Feria. Many of the carnival games gave out small 1/2 liter bottles of Muscatel as prizes.

The hangovers that came from getting drunk on the contents of those little bottles were the stuff of legends.  

If I remember correctly the Strawberry Hill was mixed with Sloe Gin.

5 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

A little ditty from my misspent youth,

What's the word?

Thunderbird!

What's the price?

50 cents twice!

What's it do?

F***'s up you!

You forgot:

What's the reason?
Grapes in season!

What's the action?

Satisfaction!

19 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And Ripple.

If you were in the mood for something exotic, Bali Hai.

Yep when I was young and not very picky with my booze, we used to drink Ripple. It is pretty rank.

Damn near drank enough Mateus Rose, while chasing chicks in college, to make them go to filling on a 3rd shift. Thank God it was "damn near"....

19 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Fred Sanford’s favorite. ;)

Fred also drank a cocktail called champipple.  I don't remember what consisted of.

Archived