SASS Wire Forum

A comprehensive set of ...

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... spanners .....

618868dec4a09_Spanners.jpg

This is a bad photograph. If it was taken face on, so you could see how each wrench was adjusted, and see that the wrench over 11/16 was opened wider then the one over 3/16, this would be a funnier picture.

One assumes that the wrenches are adjusted to the correct size, but you can't tell because of the angle that the picture was taken at, and the fact that the smaller sizes are further away from the camera.

9 minutes ago, Alpo said:

An adjustable Crowfoot. Not a bad idea.

Would that the ever elusive 10mm socket?

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... spanners .....

618868dec4a09_Spanners.jpg

Wow, I'm missing quite a few!

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

This is a bad photograph. If it was taken face on, so you could see how each wrench was adjusted, and see that the wrench over 11/16 was opened wider then the one over 3/16, this would be a funnier picture.

One assumes that the wrenches are adjusted to the correct size, but you can't tell because of the angle that the picture was taken at, and the fact that the smaller sizes are further away from the camera.

Snicker time!!!

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

and then there's ...

117801897_3855340007816193_5839862079552423868_n.jpg

6 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Would that the ever elusive 10mm socket?

.....seems to set at about 10mm .... so I'll stick my neck out and say "yes" .....   :)

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

Okay, that does it Alpo. I'm not inviting you to any parties! <_<

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No one ever talks about the 3” 3/8” drive extensions that also become completely transparent when needed. 

............... useful as drifts to knock 1/2" bolts out of their holes .....   ;)

Several years back I was reading - probably in Hot Rod - an article about a mechanic on a professional stock car team. He said that he could temporarily fix anything with  orange sunshine, silver magic, and a blue tipped wrench.

And they went on to explain that orange sunshine with some heavy-duty industrial adhesive, silver magic was duct tape, and a blue-tipped wrench was an acetylene cutting torch.

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

3kxi46pcarvz.jpg

Whenever I had to rebuild/replace/repair anything on my Ski-Doo trailer, I always used the largest, longest bar I had with a socket of the right size and just turned until I snapped the calcium/road salt rusted bolt right off. Then installed a new bolt.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You can always find the 10mm sockets right next to the 1/2” sockets….that are also missing…

1/2" sockets? I must have yours, I'm buried in them, now 7/16"? Gimme those back!

7 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

left handed screw driver.jpg

Did you notice that while one is marked right handed and the other is marked left handed, in the fine print on both of them it says CAUTION THIS TOOL ONLY WORKS ANTI-CLOCKWISE?

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

3kxi46pcarvz.jpg

I worked as maintenance for a steel fabrication company. I was doing some major repair work on our sand blast system. I had a new guy working for me and when I couldn't move a bolt and nut from deep within the gritty mess below the machine I sent him up to the maintenance cage to get some tools one of the things I told him was to get the thermal adjustment tool. He came back with everything but the cutting torch. He asked me what it was and I told him. Now he knows.

Archived