SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee williams

I can tell you sucking a primer up in a Shopvac will wake you up too!

On 11/12/2021 at 1:44 AM, Scarlett said:

I always wear glasses…and I have air and spray my 650 or use a little brush to keep the disc and primer area clean and debris free.  I also take my time. So far, I’ve been lucky. 

I’m REALLY glad you’re ok! That’s very scary - especially sine it didn’t feel different. 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

What mischief are you up to at 1:44 am?  :P

It's happened to me. A whole tube when up like a rocket blast. Blew the follower right through the sheet rock on the ceiling and I found it in the attic. Blew the inner tube all to hell. Now I know why there is a heavy outer tube in place. Without it I would have been in real trouble. I contacted Dillon and they sent me out a replacement kit right away. It really does startle you when it happens. It happened when I was priming a piece of WW 38 brass and I must say that it seems to take a little more effort to seat primers into the WW 38 brass. Anyhow, it's not my favorite brass. This post just might be the catalyst I need to order that new 750.... especially since the Government is paying for it with that Stimulus check.... after all, it's all free money!

Snakebite

TW, I keep this picture to remind me what can happen. This is 97 primers and it went off on the down stroke. I thought one of my 45 rounds had gone off.0813201542.thumb.jpg.13a7821a805787c353dda5737d6733e9.jpg

On 11/12/2021 at 8:03 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

Glad you’re ok, could’ve been a lot worse!  Machines can be replaced, new primers can be bought, friends can’t be replaced. 

Speaking of "glad you're ok, could've been a lot worse", how's your hand healing up?

1 hour ago, Fretless said:

Speaking of "glad you're ok, could've been a lot worse", how's your hand healing up?

I think I may still have a piece of shrapnel in it but nothing that’ll kill me B)   Thanks for asking!

I started out handloading with a Lee Loader set that required the use of a mallet. Lets just say I have felt the sting!

Kind of like holding a firecracker tight with your fingers till it goes off, but we won't go into that one.

I called asking to buy the replacement parts.

Their first question was were you using Federal Primers? Yes,

They would not take money to replace parts and even sent parts I did not think I needed but they said needed to be replaced.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What did Dillon have to say?

OLG 

The guy I talked to was helpful. He didn't ask what primer I was using. He said they are sending me the parts to repair at no charge. I also bought a 38 special conversion kit for my 1050 and I'll be loading on it now, and use the 650 for 9mm instead of vise versa. When I asked what caused it, he said a theory is more than one primer fed into the disc. The primer shield beneath the disc directly under the tube looked like it had been shot. Meaning it was now curved instead of flat.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:13 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

It wasn't MY fault.  Those primers I sold you were 'used'.

:lol:

..........Widder

Once-fired is worth more than twice-fired. Good luck selling the latter.

And did I miss Dillon's follow-up? New parts coming I hope.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:46 AM, Chantry said:

What mischief are you up to at 1:44 am?  :P

Nature called…and sometimes, when nature calls… it takes me a minute to get back to sleep! 

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

Nature called…and sometimes, when nature calls… it takes me a minute to get back to sleep! 

Does this mean we should wash our hands after reading your posts?

On 11/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, John Kloehr said:

Once-fired is worth more than twice-fired. Good luck selling the latter.

And did I miss Dillon's follow-up? New parts coming I hope.

John,

Yes, his new parts are being sent.   But if anyone wants to send TN a nice Christmas gift, a pack of 'BROWN'. skivvies would be

most appropriate for him.

..........Widder

11 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

John,

Yes, his new parts are being sent.   But if anyone wants to send TN a nice Christmas gift, a pack of 'BROWN'. skivvies would be

most appropriate for him.

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

Maybe with a "Chicken Foot" decal on em.

:ph34r:

kR

I guess it "Depends" on how good a friend you really are. :P

Archived