SASS Wire Forum

Illowa Irregulars 2021 Final Match Video - Closing Time

Popcorn Kelly

Here is short video I made of Illowa Irregulars final 2021 match.  Our cowboy town, Camden Mills, is now closed until 2022 - a sort of wintertime Ghost town.  The gates are shut, targets put away, and all is quiet. What a year it's been, and we're all looking forward to next year.  I thought I'd share this video here as I'm sure the sentiments expressed at the end (It's Closing Time) are reflective of many clubs across the country, particularly those in the northern climates. 

Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting club is looking forward to 2022 and a new shooting season.  2022 will be unique for us as we are hosting the SASS 2022 Illinois State Championship for the first time (July 15-17, 2022).  Go to www.illowairregulars.com for more information.  If you're looking for somewhere new to shoot, consider hitching up your wagon and riding over.  We've a nice range and the Illinois/Iowa Quad Cities is easy to get to and has a lot to offer.  We're located just off Interstate 80, 3 hours west of Chicago.  The range is about 3 miles from the Mississippi in Milan, Illinois.

https://youtu.be/02-5peJ00BA

Popcorn, you have been a great addition to our club. Thanks for all the work you do. No, Popcorn doesn't just wander around the match and take video. He works step up and does his share of posse duties, too.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, Popcorn Kelly said:

Here is short video I made of Illowa Irregulars final 2021 match.  Our cowboy town, Camden Mills, is now closed until 2022 - a sort of wintertime Ghost town.  The gates are shut, targets put away, and all is quiet. What a year it's been, and we're all looking forward to next year.  I thought I'd share this video here as I'm sure the sentiments expressed at the end (It's Closing Time) are reflective of many clubs across the country, particularly those in the northern climates. 

Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting club is looking forward to 2022 and a new shooting season.  2022 will be unique for us as we are hosting the SASS 2022 Illinois State Championship for the first time (July 15-17, 2022).  Go to www.illowairregulars.com for more information.  If you're looking for somewhere new to shoot, consider hitching up your wagon and riding over.  We've a nice range and the Illinois/Iowa Quad Cities is easy to get to and has a lot to offer.  We're located just off Interstate 80, 3 hours west of Chicago.  The range is about 3 miles from the Mississippi in Milan, Illinois.

https://youtu.be/02-5peJ00BA

Now retired and looking to spend the upcoming year going to at least a few of the clubs that I have read about/heard of. When my wife and I were in business we did quite a bit of business with Wells Foods in Monmouth ILL and there was a sign for the Shady creek Shootists (I think) along my route. Is that near you guys because if it is it sure would be convenient to hit both clubs on a single trip. Any info ideas on that?

regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Now retired and looking to spend the upcoming year going to at least a few of the clubs that I have read about/heard of. When my wife and I were in business we did quite a bit of business with Wells Foods in Monmouth ILL and there was a sign for the Shady creek Shootists (I think) along my route. Is that near you guys because if it is it sure would be convenient to hit both clubs on a single trip. Any info ideas on that?

regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Sadly, Shady Creek had to close down a couple of years ago. We are only about 30 minutes from there. We normally shoot the 3rd Sunday starting in April. I can send you more info if you wish.

Archived