SASS Wire Forum

Add To Cart For Price....

Cypress Sun

And show the damn shipping charge before I get to the PLACE ORDER part.

I find the item, I like the price, I put it in the cart. But then I have to tell them my name and my shipping address and my credit card number and the social security number of my first born child, and when finally - FINALLY - the only thing left is to click on the PLACE ORDER button, it tells me how much shipping is. And I decided I do not wish to pay $50 shipping on a $20 item. So I cancel it.

Why not just list shipping prices?

I don’t mind that so much as when I see the price then bail out of the site only to be badgered with email after email telling me they still have the product. 
It keeps me from looking at the price unless I absolutely need it. 

Better yet... the Cheaper Than Dirt effect is spreading. I received an e-mail notification from Grabagun.com that they had the Springfield Hi-Powers in stock at $699.99 so I quickly clicked on the link and got to their site... Nope sorry, we want $1199.99 for them!

:angry:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t mind that so much as when I see the price then bail out of the site only to be badgered with email after email telling me they still have the product. 

This. And it starts popping up on FB.

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well they can't do that if they are selling under MAP.

Phantom

MAP? Minimum advertised price I assume.

20 minutes ago, Cholla said:

MAP? Minimum advertised price I assume.

Yes.

So you have Online prices that are below MAP. You can't show prices below unless the mfgr suspends MAP.  Putting an item in a "Cart" allows the seller to show prices below MAP.

Nothing real nefarious going on here folks.

;)

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Delete the item from cart after it tells you the price.  You'll get a lot less "we noticed you left X in your cart" emails.

4 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Well they can't do that if they are selling under MAP.

Phantom

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yes.

So you have Online prices that are below MAP. You can't show prices below unless the mfgr suspends MAP.  Putting an item in a "Cart" allows the seller to show prices below MAP.

Nothing real nefarious going on here folks.

;)

I have no doubt that this is true for many items. It just seems more prevalent recently but I'm pretty sure that it's not true for every "add to cart" item. I have spot checked some of these prices and some have been the normal everyday price that are plainly listed on other websites. Keep in mind that I'm not just referring to firearm related items.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I have no doubt that this is true for many items. It just seems more prevalent recently but I'm pretty sure that it's not true for every "add to cart" item. I have spot checked some of these prices and some have been the normal everyday price that are plainly listed on other websites. Keep in mind that I'm not just referring to firearm related items.

Yeah I don't know how their system is set up. For simplicity sake they may just handle all items this way. MAP applies to a lot of items. 

And yeah, it can be frustrating for sure.

Phantom

4 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Delete the item from cart after it tells you the price.  You'll get a lot less "we noticed you left X in your cart" emails.

Hmmm…Thanks. I will try that. :)

Click to add to cart, nope. You dont want me to see the price, are willing to waste MY time to undo in order to avoid some agreement You made with a manufacturer and think Im gonna buy. Nope

Imis

What frustrates me is several websites, Brownells and Midway in particular, send me emails urging me to go ahead and buy things I looked at and didn't purchase.  I've got to where I delete them without opening them up if I can determine from the title that is what they are.

Archived