SASS Wire Forum

Anyone found small pistol primers yet

Chicago kidd

They’ve appeared from time to at Midway, Brownells, and Natchez….  
they appear all the time in unlimited quantities on scammer websites that take Bitcoin, Venmo, and no credit cards.  

Natchez had cci spp last week , limit of 5 . Which seems to be a encouraging sign. Brownells seems to be a limit of 2 , Midway is always 1 when they have them . I’ve got some locally for 79.95 a brick to replace what I’ve used . 
I think people waiting on the price to return to “normal” , unfortunately will be waiting a while. Everything cycles at some point the gun industry will be in a slump again. Although Brandon seems to be surpassing Obama as a gun salesman. For a while there it was hardly worth reloading for standard calibers, that sure has changed. 

With Natchez letting you order 5k and they had some powder in stock so I ordered some of that as well and spread the hazmat and shipping out over several items.

4 minutes ago, Long Fingers, SASS#56813 said:

I used the link popcorn posted and showed instock. Went through checkout and got a confirmation number….. but if you search primers on there sight they show out of stock. 
Guess I’ll have to wait and see if they really got ordered?? 
LF. 

Did you get a email from them ? If you have an account you can also look at your pending and past orders 

21 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Anyone found small pistol primers yet...

Yeah...found a crap load in my vault...next question please.

I don't know about a crap load. However, I have a baby lode.

and remember to buy your Vista Outdoors (VSTO)  Stock   --  the following is from last week:

Vista Outdoor (VSTO) reports a 65% surge in fiscal 2Q ammunition sales, a sign that Americans aren't just buying more guns, they're prepared to load them too. Pricing has improved across the industry as inventories have been run down, and fiscal 2022 sales and profit guidance is above the top end of analysts' estimates. Profits in the quarter also blew past estimates, with the stock up 7% in pre-open trade. (doug.cameron@wsj.com)

Vista Outdoor (NYSE: VSTO) reported a blowout quarter and raised full-year guidance, sending shares up as much as 12% in Thursday trading. Vista, a maker of shooting sport and outdoor gear and products, reported fiscal second-quarter earnings of $2.41 per share on revenue of $778.46 million, easily topping analyst expectations for $1.80 per share in earnings on sales of $725 million. The company reported strong results in both operating segments, but the shooting sports business is doing particularly well.

You can thank me when you retire, or sell.  (joke)

At an estate sale a bag of mixed loose primers, about 3000… on a snowy day will sort by type and brand for inventory

Today at local supplier … Unique @ $33 a lb and 1000 Federal LP at $75 …. No SP

monther before pandemics, Federal LP and SP at $40 a 1000

4 minutes ago, John Boy said:

At an estate sale a bag of mixed loose primers, about 3000… on a snowy day will sort by type and brand for inventory

When you say loose, I hope you don't mean LOOSE loose.  :)

I've been having some luck with the local Bass Pro shops, found both large pistol primers last week (Federal Large Pistol Magnum), picked up 2 bricks since I had a friend with me, then another brick of CCI small pistol primers this week.  So, doesn't hurt to pop in every once in awhile since the inventory won't show up online.

Johnny

9 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

When you say loose, I hope you don't mean LOOSE loose.  :)

Loose as no boxes in a bag loose, loose. Loose with no center fire identification 

Primers have been popping up a little more frequently the past few weeks at the various legitimate online retailers. Normally I've only found CCI SPP and have purchased some of them, but today Natchezs had Federal SPP with a limit of 10K. I and several of my friends jumped on them. Cheddite Shotgun primers seem to be available on a pretty regular basis and if you are not too picky there is usually plenty of Fast burning powder available online that is suitable for light cowboy cartridge and shotgun loads. I shot some of the NEW CCI primers and like they said on their web site, they seem to be lighter than the old ones. No doubt that the cost of shooting has gone up, but at least it is doable if you really want to.  

Yea they’re around here anywhere from $70-$120 for 1000. I stocked up last year so I’ll pick up a couple hundred here and there to add to my stockpile.

Archived