SASS Wire Forum

LAND RUN 2022 SASS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Flat Top Okie

Hello All,

"MONDAY MORNING NEWS FLASH" 

I have contacted or attempted to contact every shooter who may be effected by a category change. As you know, the minimum for men's categories is seven and the women's categories is three. I left messages for several of you. If we don't hear from you in a couple of days, we will assume you are happy with the change.

Soon we will be sending an e-mail to each shooter listing his or her category and the various activities you are registered for. When you receive the e-mail, please examine it carefully and contact us if something is not right.

Thank you,

Flat Top

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All,

We continue to receive entries for Land Run. The cowboy match is full with 720 shooters and we have 67 on the waiting list. The Wild Bunch Match still has openings. Thank you all for your overwhelming response. As cancellations occur for the cowboy match we will contact shooters in the order that their application was received.

Flat Top

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

The bad news is that we have approximately 90 shooters on the waiting list. The good news is that we had two cancellations so Mad Cat With a Gun and Ray Heartless who were first and second on the waiting list are in. The updated waiting list will be posted soon.

Flat Top

PS: We still have space for Wild Bunch shooters.

• 1 month later...

This upcoming Land Run will (hopefully) be the first time shooting there.  I say hopefully because a couple of years ago I went to Land Run and had to leave before ever getting any lead downrange.  It was October and an ice storm hit Oklahoma, I-40 was closed, and we were stuck in some little RV park for a couple of days waiting for the roads to clear.  We finally got there, along the way seeing all the downed trees and such from the ice, and we backed into our camping spot on the shotgun range, it was cold and thought I’d just register the next day.  That night we get a call from a neighbor, hurricane Zeta came through, the power was off, some of our roof was missing, part of our fence had fallen and one of the trees had broken in half.  We made the decision that night that we better get back home and take care of our place.  The next morning it was cold but I wanted to go to registration before we pulled out to let them know that I had to leave.  I explained the situation and everyone was understanding, I got my shooters packet and went to leave.  Well the ramp coming out of the registration building had been wet and slippery, I took one step on that ramp and my feet came out from under me, I landed flat on my back.  For those that know me know that my lower back had been broken and I’ve had to have 4 vertebrae and six discs fused together, so the fall was particularly painful, not to mention that it’s hard to look cool when you fall.  So I left Land Run with an expensive tee shirt, a coffee mug, and never fired a shot.  This year I’m going to try again and hopefully not embarrass myself. 

5 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

This upcoming Land Run will (hopefully) be the first time shooting there. ... 

Me too.  I've never shot a match bigger than TN State.  Gonna be my first post-retirement trip.  Hope the weather is a LOT better than you had; I'll be dry camping in a small tent.

Hi Phantom,

After our waiting list exceeded 100 we removed the application. There should be a printed application on the website. Complete the application and send it without payment and I will add your name to waiting list. If you get in you can pay when you get here. I have never had more than 20 cancellations in previous years so I don't really expect more than a hundred this year, but who knows.

Flat top

1 minute ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Phantom,

After our waiting list exceeded 100 we removed the application. There should be a printed application on the website. Complete the application and send it without payment and I will add your name to waiting list. If you get in you can pay when you get here. I have never had more than 20 cancellations in previous years so I don't really expect more than a hundred this year, but who knows.

Flat top

I'm in - I was encouraging Dang It Dan to sign up.

:P

6 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Me too.  I've never shot a match bigger than TN State.  Gonna be my first post-retirement trip.  Hope the weather is a LOT better than you had; I'll be dry camping in a small tent.

5 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'm in - I was encouraging Dang It Dan to sign up.

:P

DJ - I think that we’ll be camping on the shotgun range again, you’ll have to stop over for an adult beverage. 

Phantom - I’m looking forward to finally meeting you.  Any friend of Widder and TW is a friend of mine.

7 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

DJ - I think that we’ll be camping on the shotgun range again, you’ll have to stop over for an adult beverage. 

Phantom - I’m looking forward to finally meeting you.  Any friend of Widder and TW is a friend of mine.

Careful what you wish for. 

Besides Phantom won't be on the wire after EOT= At least that's what he told me :ph34r:

Hells Comin 

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

Careful what you wish for. 

Besides Phantom won't be on the wire after EOT= At least that's what he told me :ph34r:

Hells Comin 

I'm about ready to go back into hibernation...the threads are getting boring again.

:rolleyes:

On 3/10/2022 at 9:25 PM, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Phantom,

Flat top

Flat Top, the website just says that registration is closed and I can't find an application to print.  Maybe I am missing something.  

6 minutes ago, Dang It Dan 13202 said:

Flat Top, the website just says that registration is closed and I can't find an application to print.  Maybe I am missing something.  

Cowboy is closed, waiting list in effect. Wild Bunch is still open.

14 minutes ago, thespaniard said:

If this is a National match how come I see registration from Australia :huh:

The online registration for CAS is closed.

There has always been international SASS shooters participate in the national championships when it was held at Winter Range.

43 minutes ago, thespaniard said:

If this is a National match how come I see registration from Australia :huh:

The online registration for CAS is closed.

Anyone from anywhere can compete. They are just not eligible for becoming the National Champion.

Cool?

;)

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Anyone from anywhere can compete. They are just not eligible for becoming the National Champion.

Cool?

;)

I live here and am pretty sure I am not in the running for National Champion either...:blink:

So me and my out of country brethren have exactly the same odds.:D

On 3/10/2022 at 7:55 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Hope you get in...you'll love it!

Phantom

Yep....and closer than 30 hours.  The Cracker Crew had a long haul to Phoenix.  Glad they made it and considering Land Run. 

OKC facility is vast with many shooting ranges for different disciplines.  CAS range has developed into one of the nicest and largest in country.  I can remember OKCGC range from  early seventies when I drove some 4+ hours to shoot there and qualify for IHMSA.  I have since attended many more shoots there thru the years, in IHMSA then after switch to CAS (1999) I have made many Land Runs.  In last several years the improvements to CAS range have been gigantic in area, fronts, and targets.  Expansion continues with outstanding work and leadership from Missouri Mae, Flattop Okie, Hondo, RCD and other Territorial Marshalls.

41 minutes ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Dang it Dan,

Let me see what I can do.

Flat Top

If you get it figured out, let us know. We're trying to fill one out as well. Sent the WB match registration in with a letter.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked my hotel for the drive out.  Going as far as Fort Smith on Sunday night; should arrive at the range lunchtime Monday to set up camp.  Looks like the gas bill to get there will be more than the entrance fee and hotels combined.  Looking forward to it A LOT anyway!

On 4/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, Diamond Jake said:

I just booked my hotel for the drive out.  Going as far as Fort Smith on Sunday night; should arrive at the range lunchtime Monday to set up camp.  Looks like the gas bill to get there will be more than the entrance fee and hotels combined.  Looking forward to it A LOT anyway!

Hell,...my gas bill is gonna be 20 times yours Jake.:lol::lol::D

• 1 month later...

Archived